Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Georgef551

Houses on the Freeway

On a freeway near where I live, there's actually a house which the main road is the Eastbound lanes of a freeway.

Can you imagine having kids, playing in the driveway? Ball rolls onto the street, good luck getting it! :D

Anyone else live near such a thing?

There used to be another home off the freeway, but it was demo'd a decade ago.

Freeway as in elevated 4-lane highway? That is odd, though there are a lot of highways and 50 MPH back roads around here that have driveways on them.

Heh, reminds me of a house I saw yesterday. It looks like a little one-bedroom shack and it's on a highway, right next to an overpass. I see houses like this and I think about those movies where some family fights the government to save their house from demolition.

Idiots, someone wants to pay you $200,000 for your mildew-infested little shithole so they can put a road there. TAKE IT.

Theres a family living in a shitty old shack somewhere near my neighborhood that was offered a pretty big sum of money to move out so they could build the parking lot to the Wal Mart that was built there. They refused and now they live where their driveway gets off the intersection of a turnpike where the entrances of the parking lot are built all around the house. They have yard sales every weekend but no one ever comes.

r_rr said:

Any chance you can post some pics? lol

Freeways can be on the ground. It's mostly what people call limited access roads with high speed limits.

Anyway, as another forum asked for pics, I got to do that. Maybe over the weekend.

JohnnyRancid said:

Theres a family living in a shitty old shack somewhere near my neighborhood that was offered a pretty big sum of money to move out so they could build the parking lot to the Wal Mart that was built there. They refused and now they live where their driveway gets off the intersection of a turnpike where the entrances of the parking lot are built all around the house. They have yard sales every weekend but no one ever comes.

A similar thing happened across from my old school. the bastards eventually moved out, it was bulldozed and converted to more parking lot.

With the trees in bloom, it was awful hard to get good shots, nevertheless, in places, you can see most of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WnHcN2uf4

At the end, is a sattelite photo of the area, clearly showing the house, it's driveway right into the eastbound lanes, and other parts of the parcel.
You may have to rewind and play several spots, so you can match up what you see, to the sattelite image. One thing's for sure, the junk cars are obvious in both. :)