Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Peeing in the Shower (as reported AOL Health)

Have you ever peed in the shower?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever peed in the shower?

• Yeah, I do it all the time.
    • Sometimes
    • Only once or twice--I had to go real bad okay??
    • OMG! NO THAT IS SO GROSS!!!!!

Have You Ever Peed in the Shower? Almost 75 percent of poll-takers have.

AOL says:Let's start with a few facts: Toilet flushing accounts for almost 27 percent of indoor water use in a home. The amount used per flush ranges from a gallon in eco-friendly models to a whopping seven in older types. Where are we going with this? We beseech you: Save water. Save the planet! Pee in the shower! OK, we won't insist. But it isn't really that gross. Unless you have an infection, urine is sterile and nontoxic. Proponents of "urine therapy" even believe it can help treat athlete's foot. Heck, Dr. Billy freely admits that he is a shameless shower squirter."

But guys can aim. Girls have to squat over the drain.

How is urine sterile and nontoxic if it contains wastes and toxins your body gets rid of on a daily basis?

Unless your pee is crystal clear, in which case you have a problem

Peeing in the shower is actually against local ordinances in many places. Shower/bath water and water from your sink and dish washer (assuming you have one) is considered "gray water" and is processed differently from sewage. Introducing sewage into gray water is therefore illegal in many places since the processing is handled differently.

The gray water from my house is actually collected in a cistern for use in watering the plants on the property. Peeing in the shower would be detrimental to such a use.

rf` said:

How is urine sterile and nontoxic if it contains wastes and toxins your body gets rid of on a daily basis?

The waste primarily excreted through urine is ammonia, which of course is often used as a disinfectant. Really, it's harmless, it's just that you can't have too much ammonia build up in your body.

rf` said:

Not true. Crystal-clear simply means you have lots of fluids in your system.
If by "Problem", you mean having to go every (half) hour, yes, it is.

Normally, it's just drinking tooo many fluids. It also could be a side effect of diabetes, or prostate issues.

I pee in the shower.

So, the water is held in a cistern in some communities? What about people who cum in the shower?

Butts said:

I pee in the shower.

So, the water is held in a cistern in some communities? What about people who cum in the shower?

I um...uh...Ima go check to see how our sewage is setup now...

Chilly Willy said:

Peeing in the shower is actually against local ordinances in many places.

Like they would be able to tell.

Chilly Willy said:

Shower/bath water and water from your sink and dish washer (assuming you have one) is considered "gray water" and is processed differently from sewage...The gray water from my house is actually collected in a cistern for use in watering the plants on the property. Peeing in the shower would be detrimental to such a use.

Exactly how can soap, chlorine, washing powder etc. residues be better for plants than urine?

Butts said:

...wait until you ask "what about people who throw condoms and french fries in the toilet bowl" in condos that have a shit cistern that requires emptying every week.

Butts said:

What about people who cum in the shower?

I remember seeing on like ED or something where some college was going to DNA test some students in a section of dorms to see who was masturbating in the shower.

They said it clogs drains.

I piss in the shower all the time and think nothing of it. It's probably the most harmless thing to come out of the human body.

DuckReconMajor said:

I remember seeing on like ED or something where some college was going to DNA test some students in a section of dorms to see who was masturbating in the shower.

They said it clogs drains.

ROFL.

Here our drains go directly into the sewer, toilets, sinks, baths, showers, washing machines etc.

Obviously the cesspits go into the storm water system.

So really, you can fire anything you want down the shower plughole here, even if you feel inclined to drop the cosby kids off at the pool.

I piss in it too but it saves time from doing it beforehand in the toilet.

I voted the fourth option. I just can't stand the smell of urine, that's why, and I prefer to stay clean of it. Flushing helps.

In common with lots of houses in rural areas around here, we aren't connected to the main sewage system. I have a septic tank. Anything that goes down our any of our drains ends up getting digested in a tank below the field where my neigbour keeps her horses.

Enjay said:

In common with lots of houses in rural areas around here, we aren't connected to the main sewage system. I have a septic tank. Anything that goes down our any of our drains ends up getting digested in a tank below the field where my neigbour keeps her horses.

It'll still get there whether it goes down the toilet or the shower won't it?

Pee in the toilet but don't flush so often. Put the seat cover down instead to keep the bathroom from smelling like urine. If your pee is darker from being less hydrated it will tend to stain the toilet bowl more until it's cleaned though.

Gokuma said:

Pee in the toilet but don't flush so often. Put the seat cover down instead to keep the bathroom from smelling like urine. If your pee is darker from being less hydrated it will tend to stain the toilet bowl more until it's cleaned though.

Phil Ken Sebben
If it's yellow, leave it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down....mmmm...maybe.

;)

Cheers! Crew drinks up recycled urine in space
‘The taste is great,’ astronaut says after toasting new water apparatus

By Seth Borenstein
updated 7:34 p.m. ET, Wed., May 20, 2009

HOUSTON - At the international space station, it was one small sip for man and a giant gulp of recycled urine for mankind.

Astronauts aboard the space station celebrated a space first on Wednesday by drinking water that had been recycled from their urine, sweat and water that condenses from exhaled air. They said "cheers," clicked drinking bags and toasted NASA workers on the ground who were sipping their own version of recycled drinking water.

"The taste is great," American astronaut Michael Barratt said. Then as Russian Gennady Padalka tried to catch little bubbles of the clear water floating in front of him, Barratt called the taste "worth chasing."
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

He said the water came with labels that said: "drink this when real water is over 200 miles away."

The urine recycling system is needed for astronaut outposts on the moon and Mars. It also will save NASA money because it won't have to ship up as much water to the station by space shuttle or cargo rockets.

Chilly Willy said:

The gray water from my house is actually collected in a cistern for use in watering the plants on the property. Peeing in the shower would be detrimental to such a use.

Uhm, Urine is a natural fertalizer.

DuckReconMajor said:

It'll still get there whether it goes down the toilet or the shower won't it?

Yup. Sink, toilet, washing machine, shower, whatever. If it goes down a drain in our house, it ends up in the septic tank.

The Lag said:

the real question is:
how many of you have shit in the shower?

Not me, but unfortunately I've witnessed that in the army -_-

Also there were people who managed to "use" a squatting toilet in reverse.

And..yeah, apparently soap, washing powder and household cleaning chemicals are much, much healthier and nourishing to plants than urine.