Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

What official maps you play recently?

What are some official maps you like to play or you played in the last several months?

DOOM
E3M7
E3M8
E2M7
E2M4 onwards
E3M4
E3M2 onwards

DOOM II
MAP10 (I play this the most when I wanna play doom 2 for some reason.)
MAP28
MAP19

Wow, lots of posts from you lately, you must be bored.

Recent ones I've played were:
Doom 1
All of Ep-1.

Doom 2:
Lan with friend up to Map 13.

Plutonia:
Up to Map 4, got bored.

I like playing episode 4 of Ultimate Doom. For some reason, I really like those levels.

Hellbent said:

MAP10 (I play this the most when I wanna play doom 2 for some reason.)

Same for me.

I think MAP26 is one of my favorite levels in Doom 2 but I never think to play it. Probably because the winding elevated thing over the lava is a rather uninspired blah part of the map. I think the secrets in this map are cool tho.

Mithral_Demon said:

Wow, lots of posts from you lately, you must be bored.

Yeah, I dunno. I like the doom community. I just finished finals and am relaxing. :)

You know, I don't know that I've found all the secrets on e3m6. I keep finishing that map with 75%. Straange. I've always just thought I've found all the secrets decades ago, but maybe not!!

Dreadopp said:

I like playing episode 4 of Ultimate Doom. For some reason, I really like those levels.

I think e4m3 and e4m4 are dud maps. I prolly don't play the episode much because it's too hard. :P

All of the Ultimate Doom, I played through it again last month when I bought it on the XBLA.

I find myself playing through episode 1 of Doom more often than anything else. Lately I've been getting into the habit of loading one of the iwads and playing without saving until I get bored.

Hellbent said:

I think e4m3 and e4m4 are dud maps. I prolly don't play the episode much because it's too hard. :P

E4M6 is annoying I actually take e4m3 back--it's okay. E4M4 is a bit of a head scratcher tho. It's also odd that there is only one baron on e4m5.

I have never played properly past E4M2 of Ultimate Doom, it just annoys me. The whole of Ultimate just doesn't seem to "gel" as a real Doom levelset to me.

Often I'll speedrun Episode 1 for fun, or work on improving my UV Max MAP07 time.

I love playing the first two maps, E1M1-E1M2 and MAP01-MAP02, they take me back to 1994 every time.

E1M9, MAP12, MAP16, MAP24-28 are also favorites.

The beginning room of MAP02. Over. And over. And over. And over. And over. And over.

Gameplay balancing for my map is a bitch.

Lots of MAP10, MAP29, MAP32 or MAP08. I'm testing new monsters in Eternity, some of them ported from the beastiary, others made by me (such as a tempest guardian that looks like a Hexen fighter and throws whirlwinds). Modding for Eternity is cool.

Some weeks ago I replayed E4M2, E4M6 and E4M9 from UV pistol start as well as the first few E3 levels on nightmare. I almost never play doom II stock maps, since there are so many iwads that are better quality and more fun.

Doc Faust

I can go back to the officials on occasion, and then I usually play like these.

E1 on Nightmare
E2 on UV
Plutonia on UV

TheeXile said:

The beginning room of MAP02. Over. And over. And over. And over. And over. And over.

Same here - unavoidable when most single level wads are Map01.

Just recently did an E2 run, and by recently I mean about a month ago probably.

I usually play all of Doom 2 once every 2 months or so. Either each with pistol start or carrying weapons over with -fast on UV.

Mostly MAP30. Why? Because of the fact that the Boss Brain spawns many enemies. Oh, and MAP07 and some others like Tricks and Traps.

I also like Episode 1 from Doom.

Recent and frequent:

Doom
Episode 1

Bits of Episode 2. I often play a few maps of Ep2 at a time (not necessarily starting at E2M1). No particular favourites, but I don't play the entire episode as often as I do Ep1

E3M9 For some reason, I have always enjoyed this map. I think, maybe, because it contains almost every enemy from the game but in a good and progressive way.

Doom2
MAP01 - mainly because I always run the builds I make of the Zdoom code before I upload them and it's easy just to start a game and play MAP01, or use it to test a new enemy or something. I rarely play it for the sake of just playing it.

MAP02, MAP03 - I often play these two as a "warm-down" after playing a map that replaces MAP01. I tend to just keep playing for another couple of maps.

MAP07 - has always captivated me since the first time that I played it.

MAP08 - Often played because I have just played 07, but I like the way this map progresses and the choices you have as a player as to how you tackle the map.

MAP18 - I like the space in the middle

MAP29 - I've always enjoyed this map too: possibly because of the same reason as E3M9. It's got lots of stuff in it. :)

I already posted in this thread, but thanks to the new release of ScoreDoom I'm playing through Ultimate Doom again with its add-on pack. Finished E1 and E2, working on E3, some of these baron replacements are just evil though.

Enjay said:

MAP18 - I like the space in the middle

Oh yeah; all Sandy Petersen's maps in Doom 2 are fun and highly replayable. The rest seem tame in comparison.

I nearly always use Doom 2 MAP32 and other games' boss arenas to test new monsters.