Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheeXile

Voodoo Veyor scrapped portion - 4-way conveyor ambush

Description: A scrapped portion of another currently in-progress WAD of mine that I made to test out a new idea. Here, you are placed into a 4-way conveyor belt intersection pit with no escape. Enemies, items, and other tricks and traps will appear on each of the conveyors. You must survive this onslaught until it is over.

Note that this is pretty ugly in its current form and that after the last monster (the Baron), no exit is available. This is basically just a proof of concept map, really. I might polish it more later if I change my mind and decide to use it after all.

IMPORTANT: You will need the Community Chest 4 texture wad to play this:

http://sl4.poned.com/wasd/cc4-tex-14.zip

Gameplay Information: The key here is to keep looking around you and to fire in short bursts with the Chaingun. You need to do this not simply to save ammo, but also to ensure long range accuracy for your shots. The Doom Chaingun has a property where the first two shots fired in a sequence will be perfectly accurate, but all subsequent shots wll scatter. This map ought to give you good practice at doing that.

I designed this with my own playability in mind, so your effectiveness may vary. Actually I originally had this much more difficult than it is now, but I've since toned it down for this release.

Download

Try it out and lemme know what you think.

Interesting and inspiring concept you have here. Took four tries for me to beat it on UV. Overall pretty fun but became tedious after awhile. Too much down time with nothing to shoot at imo. Thanks for sharing this, I have a feeling I'll end up working a conveyor belt or two into a future map of mine.

Some of the enemies seemed to get stuck at the end of the conveyor belts, particularly the knights/baron. Using ZDoom 2.20

Very interesting idea, and defenantly challenging. Gets a 4/5 from me.

Neon said:

Interesting and inspiring concept you have here. Took four tries for me to beat it on UV. Overall pretty fun but became tedious after awhile. Too much down time with nothing to shoot at imo. Thanks for sharing this, I have a feeling I'll end up working a conveyor belt or two into a future map of mine.

Some of the enemies seemed to get stuck at the end of the conveyor belts, particularly the knights/baron. Using ZDoom 2.20

Yeah ZDoom likes to think it's clever by doing its own thing sometimes. Still playable, though (but I'm sure that glitch could be exploited).

Glad you're able to find a use for it.