Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DILDOMASTER666

Warped (wip)

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Nothing special yet really. I was talking with a friend of mine a few nights ago about how there aren't really many time-travel WADs lying around, and this was about the same night I heard Doom Builder 2 was released. So I decided to give it a go and started drawing simple sketches for three or four really big maps.

There's very little to actually show map-development wise, as it's mainly a weapons and creatures WAD at the moment (some weapons and monsters pulled from Realm667 - credit to who made them will be included in the WAD). The concept will revolve loosely around two USMC privates sent back to around 1000 AD (from 2001). The idea was intended to be largely co-op oriented.

I'll be keeping a development log and posting screenies and downloads at major turning points in development. For now, just a concept I guess. And if anyone wants to help out that'd be extremely metal.

Shit I thought you were making the Xbox 360 game TimeShift and was dissapointed when it appeared you clearly are not.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I had a feeling that name was taken, but wasn't sure from where. Hmm.

Fisk said:

I had a feeling that name was taken, but wasn't sure from where. Hmm.

It may be taken by some stupid 360 game but that doesn't mean you can't use it.

It's not that stupid, I actually had a lot of fun with it. And I typically don't like playing Xbox 360.

I only played a demo of it, but it was pretty neat.

Ontopic: I love time-travel themed stuff, so this would most likely be a hit for me.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

A silly little editor shot. Scale is about 5% in Doom Builder 2. As can be gathered, it's mostly just big empty zones with little to really gawk at save for the occasional sloped surface.

Also as gathered, several Witchaven weapons have made their way into the mod in one way or another (the morningstar, long-sword and short-sword to be specific) and I'm screwing with the idea of using the dagger as a secondary attack that's present for all weapons (see Call Of Duty 4/5). That may seem redundant and unnecessary when most of the weapons are melee, but standard weapons don't knock back enemies and are significantly slower to wield (43 tics to fling the morningstar versus 19 to slash with the dagger; base damage of 50 with the morningstar versus 15 with dagger plus knockback).

Thus completes the first week of development on Warped. Or Timeshift. Whatever the fuck I'll end up calling it.