Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
radeon147

ideas for a map

currently im trying to find out which of the clasic dooms are liked the most. what i need is some ideas for a level... i will try my best to complete the map when i can... i need ideas like if u have some custom sprites or something post a link and ill take a look at them! it may take me a while cuz of skool and job but i will eventually finish it and the people who's ideas i use will be the first to play and rate it... i warn u know it wont be super awsome cuz im just beginning at map making... so if there is any ideas or sprites u would want me to make or use im all ears and definitly would like to make a good map that everyone will like.
Radeon147, Map Maker in Progress

Build a tiny forgotten dark temple map.
The player has to kill a few Spidermasterminds and
destroy three power generator

Good to see another potential mapper. Especially good to see an upcoming sprite artist, if you plan on making them, since fresh good sprites are difficult to come by nowadays.

As for ideas, start out small, and with the vanilla configuration, its good to start out with basics. Make a 5 map map-pack, small - medium sized maps, with varying themes to practice your skills. Maybe try: Techbase, hellish, marble, ash/lava, canyon/outdoor areas. There are probably another few key themes to get used to, but these are the basics, in my opinion.

Learn to make a map before you get hung up on using new resources like custom sprites.