Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Which Doomer(s) have you met in real life?

I live in Seattle and so far I've only met Fredrik a week ago. We saw Star Trek IMAX and stuff. Whom from the Doom community have you met in real life? Pics if you got any.

I live within range of Seattle, but I try to avoid finding out whose faces are behind the characters I meet online. Imagination is so much better.

Scuba Steve, Cyb, Ralphis, aceofspades, RottKing, arioch, SoM, Lüt, Julian, mewse, aurikan, Bloodshedder, ubik

Yes I have pics, but can't be arsed atm. Apologies to anyone missed.

Seems like quite a few of you live in Washington. I have never met another doomer in person before. I live in Walnut Creek, CA, which is pretty close to Berkeley.

I know a couple community members pretty well, but I've never met them in real life. There aren't too many Canadian doomers that I know of.

I used to live in NJ/PA, and have a brother who lives in Seattle (I know he used to be an avid Doomer; not sure how much he still is/isn't). I'm in China now, so that's kinda off the map for most people. I know CS is big here, and there's that guy at some China school who taught kids how to map with DB (mad props to whoever that is; forget the name). But no I've never met anyone from these forums, and probably don't (already) know anyone here in RL. I'm pretty neutral about whether that's good or bad - don't care too much either way.

I know there are a number of doomworld members here in California, but I've yet to run into any.

r_rr said:

I know there are a number of doomworld members here in California, but I've yet to run into any.

What part of Cali you live in? Am I the only one who lives in Central?

Only Punaxe

Christoph said:

I know CS is big here, and there's that guy at some China school who taught kids how to map with DB (mad props to whoever that is; forget the name)

Scorpion (Nancy)

Captain Toenail said:

Enjay lives just outside my town, but I've never met him.

I'd seriously try and meet these guys, some time, if they lived nearby. If not for anything, then for playing Doom it would suffice :)

Khorus said:

Dsm is at my place now actually. :P

Dsm? Wow, what a trip. I haven't talked with him lately, what is he doing in australia?

Torn said:

Dsm? Wow, what a trip. I haven't talked with him lately, what is he doing in australia?

Came to my place for a couple of weeks to see me and go to a place he hasn't been before pretty much. I've been showing him all the landmarks and interesting locations, and we just then played some Doom 3 co-op. ;)

I've not personally met another Doomer in person, but I can think of a few that would probably make for an interesting meeting...if they lived closer to the general vicinity of Portland, OR. Dammit. =P

The closest Doomer to me is DJ Haruko. He lives about 45 minutes away from me.

Butts said:

Seems like quite a few of you live in Washington. I have never met another doomer in person before. I live in Walnut Creek, CA, which is pretty close to Berkeley.

Another Californian, eh? I live about 30-45 minutes south from San Jose, depending on how shitty traffic on 101 is.

I've met Chrozoron. I got plans to meet Erik A and Anders Å next time I'm in Stockholm for a beer.
Also, Gemini lives in the same city as I do, and eventually we'll get together for beer too. ;)

kristus said:

I've met Chrozoron. I got plans to meet Erik A and Anders Å next time I'm in Stockholm for a beer.
Also, Gemini lives in the same city as I do, and eventually we'll get together for beer too. ;)

Be sure to get their autographs for me!

Chu said:

What part of Cali you live in? Am I the only one who lives in Central?

I live in Hacienda Heights (about 20 minutes to half hour from Los Angeles)

I would like to hang out with you guys at some point.

We should have a Doom gathering where everyone here meets up somewhere. I'll bring the beer.