Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aivar242

New music for Ultimate DooM (Doomsday)

I have altered music for Doomsday which was MIDI. Has pulled out music from Doom 3DO Panasonic, and has adjusted to Doomsday with the maximal quality of a sound. All works. Here the link: http://upload.com.ua/get/900841477/ Excuse for my English.

# That download, it is necessary to choose one of green squares below. At the left paid, on the right free-of-charge.

The instruction:

1) It is desirable that Doomsday has been established in disc C: otherwise can not work.
2) To copy all tracks in a folder doomsday/music (if it is not present - to create).
3) To copy Audio.ded a file in a folder doomsday/defs/jdoom if demands to replace, replace.
4) In KickStart to add Audio.ded in adjustment Definitions.

# the Good atmosphere is reached if to establish in adjustments of game somewhere 50 %
On a sound, and 100 % on music.

Do NOT install following the above instructions, as this will permenantly alter your Doomsday installation.

In step #3 put audio.ded anywhere else but the location specified above.

DaniJ

It is possible to not touch at all original Audio.ded. For those who that that already edited it in it. Easier to create a folder music, and to throw there music. All should work.

Or you could have stuck the tracks in a pk3 in the correct sub folders. Then a user can load and unload it at will.

That said, I can't work out where the actual download link is on that Russian language page. It seems that the seemingly correct link just refreshes the page.

Vermil said:

That said, I can't work out where the actual download link is on that Russian language page. It seems that the seemingly correct link just refreshes the page.

After entering the captcha, the page will refresh. There should now be a (very) small timer at the top. After a minute passes, another green button will appear. Click that to download.

Vermil

In the future I can shall make music in РК3. But I consider that so more conveniently. Any player can insert the music into levels, it is just necessary to replace a name of a song under the name of a level, as in my archive. Music should be in OGG. Unless it is not convenient?

Question not on a theme: Somebody can advise the good program on studying English language? To ask Russians about studying English I think ridiculously...

I got it to work by following the original directions in post #1. Opening the "DoomULTmusic.pk3" file in winrar and copying the contents to the doomsday folder.

protivakid said:

I got it to work by following the original directions in post #1. Opening the "DoomULTmusic.pk3" file in winrar and copying the contents to the doomsday folder.

I would suggest that you have a version JDoom 1.9x. In this version all files are installed as add-ons, and just like that throw them in a folder can not.
This version of the port jDoom 1.9x do not like me his drunken engine. And in general equilibrium is heavy and there is a lot of excess. If you want, I can put on the host version 1.8.6 which I use personally? I do it for myself cleared of two additional games I do not need - Hexen, Heretic, leaving only for Doom so it is very lightweight, and fast.
And the main thing that this port jDoom files do not need to install, they can just throw in a folder.

Nothing has changed in that respect in newer versions of Doomsday. You can still use it like that if you want to do so. However, we advise you don't do that because you are polluting the application's installation folder with user data files.

There is also no requirement to "install" an add-on using the launcher. You can still "throw them in a folder" (i.e., Doomsday Frontend/addons *) and the launcher will find them. The add-on installation mechanism is intended as a convenience for users with little technical know how.

Furthermore, if you don't want to play Heretic or Hexen you can simply choose not to install them via the Windows installer UI (which then omits the relevant plugin, data and config files from the installation).

It sounds to me like you have several misconceptions about how this stuff works, likely based upon your experience with using the now ancient version 1.8.6 (released over eight years ago, in fact).

*: Alternatively, you can simply point the launcher to another location and any add-ons there will also be found.

DaniJ

I mean, that did not use the port jDoom 1.9x about 2 years. Maybe since then things have changed for the better? It will be necessary to install and see. Honestly say I do not like the launcher implemented in version 1.9x. I like the Kick -Start in the old version. I would like to see a different interface in the future. For example, in version 2.0.

In Doomsday 2.0 there won't be a launcher at all, its already deprecated. We are moving all configuration into the engine, where there will be in-game UIs for managing everything from user add-ons to game profiles.

(BTW, you can configure the launcher to look and behave almost identically to Kickstart in Tools -> Preferences.)

It is already unnecessary to use the launcher in the current 1.9.10 release. You can instead simply run doomsday.exe and do all your game and/or add-on loading from the console.