Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Doom monsters unmodified.

Has anyone got any idea what the monsters look like without the arachnotron legs or the Spiderdemons turret or even the cyberdemons cybernetic implants? Could the Archnodaddies fly, or would they just crawl around and bite you?

Btw, I was just reading /morons/posthell and it is the funniest thing on the site so far. The Doom *** poem is so funny!

there's the SuperDemon on the Realm667 beastiery: A cyberdemon without any cybernetic implants
http://www.realm667.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=8&Itemid=136&limit=20&limitstart=120

Also I remember seeing pictures of a Mancubus without armcannons, he had small human arms and hands instead, looked like an ogre.

The spiders, essentialy being giant brains mounted on Cybernetic platforms, so I would imagine they would just sit on the ground hissing at you and bleeding to death

There's the aracnorb, still from the beastiary. As for the superdemon, I think it looks like it got operated, as traces of the wires it used to have are still there. Not to mention that superdemon sounds like someone who flies, is unkillable and says heroic one-liners :)

I was really disappointed than the uncybered demon did not have a true attack animation, with arm motions similar to that of the Barons. It is the exact same posture as with the rocket launcher, so it's not throwing fireballs or clawing enemies and that looks bad.

I know it'd need a lot of sprite work to create that, but in my opinion the super demon is a half-finished monster -- the base is done, now it needs an attack animation.

Maybe the Arachnotrons are made from decapitated heads of the "Mars Attacks!" martians...