Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spaztacus

Multiple Missle Attacks for monsters

I am trying to make a monster that has two missile attacks. Can this be done? and how? The attacks will occur based on the range the enemy is from the player.

It's possible, if you look at the Annihilator (double rocket blaster), he shoots two rockets at once, so if you want to have a monster to shoot 2 types of rockets i'd say...

Set the first volley of "normal" rockets for 2 seconds (depending on how fast the reload is) which each second sends 2 rockets, and on the 2nd second it fires two "normal" and .5 second later fires your "Special" rocket.

I'm no DECORATE rocket scientist, but as said, possible.

not quite what I was looking for. Lets say I wanted a zombieman to shoot a regular gun shot at at a distance of 200 from target and a imp ball at a distance of 100 from target. Is this possible?

It is possible. One way would be to give the zombie a melee attack state with a range to 100 - using the Imp fireball as it's melee attack and the gun when further away.

you can use the jump function when writing in DECORATE. The Revenant uses this to determine if it will fire a rocket or throw a punch.

it looks kinda like this:

states
{
Spawn:
blahblahblah
Missile:
REVN A 0 A_JumpIfCloser(100,"Melee")
REVN A 1 A_FireCustomMissile("RevenantTracer")
Melee:
REVN A 1 RevenantMelee

well thats not exactly what it looks like but you get the idea right?

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Action_functions

look at taht page