Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ed

The Loudspeaker Spoke Up and Said..

Christianity is stupid, communism is good.

Apparently they discovered an almost complete negative a little while ago. We should be seeing it on Blu-ray if everything works out ok.

I've always wanted to see Metropolis. Sounds like a good movie.

Ed said:

Christianity is stupid, communism is good.

Communism is a heresy of Christianity.

Csonicgo said:

I cant imagine living in such a world as this portrays. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

I find this far more scary:

Just read between the lines!

Danarchy said:

I've always wanted to see Metropolis. Sounds like a good movie.

It is. Even by today's standards, I found it a captivating and exciting film.

I looks like the new release is actually out too!
http://www.kino.com/video/item.php?film_id=519

(Note: DVD not for sale to customers outside U.S. and Canada)
This part is stupid though. I think I will go proxy-buy this through an American friend.

Super Jamie said:

It is. Even by today's standards, I found it a captivating and exciting film.

I actually saw an ad for that last night on Agony Booth when I was reading one of their reviews. If only I had money...

Csonicgo said:

I cant imagine living in such a world as this portrays. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Obama is in office. You lose.

Super Jamie said:

I think that's the restored version from 2002 or 2003 -- mostly because it looks like the one from here and I would have expected more fanfare when a nearly-complete version is released.

(I haven't seen Metropolis yet, but have meant to for a while now. Thanks for pointing out the found footage in another thread, by the way...)

CODOR said:

I think that's the restored version from 2002 or 2003 -- mostly because it looks like the one from here and I would have expected more fanfare when a nearly-complete version is released.

Ah, right you are. They have the same running-time of 124 minutes, whereas the original footage is more like 210. It's also still on the Hi Def Digest Release Dates page as "pending". Nicely spotted :)

Csonicgo said:

Georgef551 said:

I wish we were living in that world so that someone would feed you to a giant mechanical moloch.

Georgef551 said:

I prefer a tax-and-spend liberal that is trying to repair the damage caused by 8 years of warmongering, lying, retarded, Soul-less actions of a horrible administration at the expense of trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, to a person who vowed to carry out those exact same things as previous administration.... But I'm just a stupid looney lib I don't know what I'm talking about.

Csonicgo said:

I prefer a tax-and-spend liberal that is trying to repair the damage caused by 8 years of warmongering, lying, retarded, Soul-less actions of a horrible administration at the expense of trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, to a person who vowed to carry out those exact same things as previous administration...

QFT. The reign of Bush's Dumbfuckistan is over, and the world is a better place for it.

Yea man, spending even more money than Bush within a few months for the sake of "stimulus", bailing out failed business models, and then buying corporations with tax payer money.

I certainly don't take stances as extreme as King Reol here, but the Messiah has done little to impress me thus far.

Ralphis said:

Yea man, spending even more money than Bush within a few months for the sake of "stimulus", bailing out failed business models, and then buying corporations with tax payer money.

I certainly don't take stances as extreme as King Reol here, but the Messiah has done little to impress me thus far.

Good thing his term is only 6 months so we can judge the entirety of it so quickly, and so we can expect him to fulfill all of his campaign promises in that time. Yep, makes a lot of sense.

Of course he's not doing things that everyone agrees with, but just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's destroying the country. There's more than one right answer.