Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steelbread

I cannot get a sector to carry a monster

I would like to set up a trigger in which I put a monster in a sector not apart of the level and to have a switch in the level lower the floor in front of the monster and the monster to be carried across several triggers. How do I go about doing this?

you'll need a boom compatible port. the linedef action for carrying things across sectors differs from each. also, i don't think a monster can trigger linedef actions. you'll have to use the voodoo doll method.

just create multiple player starts. i *think* the most recently created one will be the "real" start. otherwise, just play around with it. you can use the others to trigger linedefs.

bardcat said:

you'll need a boom compatible port. the linedef action for carrying things across sectors differs from each. also, i don't think a monster can trigger linedef actions. you'll have to use the voodoo doll method.

Using Boom, monsters can be used for certain generalised linedef actions, such as doors, lifts and stairs. They are supposed to work for walkover crusher lines as well but a bug in boom prevents walkover crusher generalised linedef actions for both players and monsters.

hawkwind said:

Using Boom, monsters can be used for certain generalised linedef actions, such as doors, lifts and stairs. They are supposed to work for walkover crusher lines as well but a bug in boom prevents walkover crusher generalised linedef actions for both players and monsters.

Ahh, that explains why my monster-voodoo-scripting was acting funny between PrBoom and Odamex. The crushers would be activated in Odamex, but not PrBoom. Apparently it's an Odamex bug where Odamex doesn't emulate a Boom-related bug. :P