Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
maggot202

dynamic 3d floors in gzdoom?

Hello
I was trying to make sort of "dinamic 3d floors" in gzdoom. This means executing a script that will build the bridge, but only once i cross some line or something. I tried doing the following:

script 1 (void){
print(s:"wolass"); //just to know ingame that the script executes
SetLineSpecial(1,160,1,1,1,255,1);
}

I ran it (having assigned a line to trigger this script), and it doesn't work. Can anybody tell me what's failing (or at least if this works? maybe it can't be done)

The map I built is here

Pretty sure you can't do what you are trying to do.

It sounds like you want to make a script that you can activate in-game to build 3d floors?

I believe that is currently impossible.

You could, however, make the 3D floors' control sectors start out at a height that isn't visible ingame (i.e. lower or higher than the ingame area they're in), and instant-raise or instant-lower them into place.

hmm, let's see if that works

edit #1: the esselfortium method sort of works, but only if you have a floor other than F_SKY1. If you do, then you will see the textures of the sides of the bridge. Maybe if i don't put a texture until the bridge has reached a certain height (aka, once it's supposed to be visible on the map)...

edit #2: hmm, although that the trick in the edit #1 works, it seems that the rest of the idea can't be done, because SetLineTexture requires that i set a lineID to the linedef that's making the 3d bridge, and i don't know how to do both things :S. Well, it was all to add a "neat" effect to the map that wasn't so important.

edit #3: i was looking at the wiki, and found this info:

hi-tag/line ID: If type has the value 8 added to it this will give the control linedef a line ID. Otherwise this parameter serves as a high-byte for the sector tag in order to allow more than 256 3D floor definitions.

what does this mean? that if i wish to assign the lineID 7 to the 3dfloor linedef, i should enter the number 87 to the hi-tag field, or should i assign the number 8+7=15?

maggot202 said:

hmm, let's see if that works

edit #1: the esselfortium method sort of works, but only if you have a floor other than F_SKY1. If you do, then you will see the textures of the sides of the bridge. Maybe if i don't put a texture until the bridge has reached a certain height (aka, once it's supposed to be visible on the map)...

If you have a sky floor but no sky ceiling put the hidden floor above the ceiling.

If the sector has both a sky floor and a ceiling you are out of luck though.

Graf Zahl said:

If the sector has both a sky floor and a ceiling you are out of luck though.

That's just what i was trying to do. Damn.

Two ways I would investigate to do it then.

1. Give the floor invisible textures and use ACS or FS to change texture on the 3d floor when you want to show it.

2. Set an transparent 3d floor, and have it at the greatest transparency first (it should be invisible then), then change it to the least when you want it to show. (it should be opaque then)