Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

New IdTech 4 game on the horizon.

I've heard about this. Bethesda claimed it would be revolutionary, but it doesn't seem to be breaking the mold too much. The objective wheel is an interesting way of handling ingame objectives, though, and the Assassin's Creed style "smart" button that lets you pull off different moves depending on where you are and where you look sounds nifty enough.

I think this is what they're really excited about though:

Blurring the Lines Between Offline and Online
Advance your character's development across every gameplay mode: single player, co-op, and multiplayer. Gain experience points that you can spend on customizing and upgrading your skills and abilities, designing an entirely unique look and feel for your character.

Just the fact that it got Coop, makes me excited all over. :p

Cool, looking forward to this. Had and still have a lot of fun with ETQW so I got high hopes.

kristus said:

Just the fact that it got Coop, makes me excited all over. :p

Huzzah!

That is a pretty good idea. More games with persistent character perks like CoD4 really should do that. Sometimes you don't want to grind online to make your character better, and being able to port your singleplayer character to multiplayer and vice versa is a great way of doing that.

Wasn't there a game like this where they were going to have single-player but the enemies were controlled by real players? It had to do something with the Templar Knights in the future or something like that.

Coopersville said:

Seems interesting enough to at least try.

Indeed. Coop should be pretty fun.

Skeletor said:

Wasn't there a game like this where they were going to have single-player but the enemies were controlled by real players? It had to do something with the Templar Knights in the future or something like that.

Well, Perfect Dark did that. I'd like to see that type of gameplay come back myself. One person would play the protagonist through the single player game, the other person would randomly spawn into the bodies of enemies, complete with only one weapon and limited health and try to stop them. Now that I think about it, I need to play Perfect Dark again.