Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Catoptromancy

Freedoom IRC Channel!

Freedoom now has an irc channel. Organize coop or dm games, talk about resources and maps. Even submit resources!

Keep up with the very latest in freedoom development and games on irc.

irc.oftc.net #freedoom

A long time ago we registered OFTC/#freedoom but then opted to use OFTC/#doom-tech instead. The reasoning was, none of the small engine or coding projects generated a lot of talk, so there was little point in having #freedoom, #prboom, #chocolate-doom, etc. -- By consolidating them into one channel, #doom-tech, there was also the opportunity for people working on separate projects to discuss common issues. If you think freedoom is generating enough chat to have it's own channel, cool -- but I think it's a shame to move away from sharing #doom-tech for this purpose.

I hardly see any talk about Freedoom in #doom-tech when I'm around. And that's about as much as there was in #freedoom the last few months (years?) before moving to #doom-tech.

Hardly any talk is another point. Having #freedoom sorts out all the other talk and commit spam and reading a days log can have nearly all freedoom info.

There was never really an official documented place to go to talk about freedoom for new people, many people would not just happen to stumble on #doom-tech. Rarely some random people would join #prboom on freenode for freedoom help.

I could always just advertise #doom-tech as the Freedoom channel, so people know it exists. Did not want to move people out of #doom-tech, just give new people an idea of where to find a channel freedoom related.

Well, is there demand of a live talk channel exclusively for Freedoom? I can see that new people might be confused about what's going on in #doom-tech.
On the other hand those people might also get frustrated when they don't get a quick answer, and it's likely they won't get one around the clock.