Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Wolfenstein Stage Demo on Gamespot

Gamespot posted an interview with Peter Sokal from id at E3, where they had a stage demonstration of Wolfenstein being played on the Xbox 360. The interview goes into a lot of detail on what kind of gameplay you can expect from Wolfenstein.

I'm really saddened to see they went with regenerating health. One of my biggest annoyances with games today is the fact that if you get shot with an RPG in the face, all you have to do is crouch behind a wall for a few seconds and you're back in the action. But that argument has been done to death I suppose. I do like the iron sight aiming though, even if it is a bit CODish. I would imagine I'll probably play it, but I hope they spent enough time on actually making combat fun instead of spending all their time on the cliched veil powers.

Yeah, way more exciting than the trailer. Combat looks fast/fun, I'll give it a day in court.

One of my pet hates about games is the fact that there seems to be a perceived need for a fast, ninja-like, often stealth, difficult to hit, annoying enemy. So I'm "delighted" to see the inclusion of the assassins shown in that video.

They do seem to focus a lot on the veil too. I hope the rest gets suitable attention.

I must have missed some hidden part of the video, because from what I saw it looked really boring and kind of ugly.

TheDarkArchon said:

Looks more like Call of Duty than traditonal Wolf

Looks like Doomenstein 3 The Movie.

They have room yet to make the gameplay good, but it doesn't look like we're in for anything terribly innovative.

Do you think you guys could post the new Wolf stuff under a "Doom 3" focus? I'm not really interested in reading about it.

sargebaldy said:

Do you think you guys could post the new Wolf stuff under a "Doom 3" focus? I'm not really interested in reading about it.

This is not PlanetDoom