Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andwan0

Doom2 - 29: The Living End

There's a couple of Doom 2 levels where we cannot get 100% secrets because John Romero placed the secret in a teleporter sector (and the player would never be able to enter the sector without being teleported).

15: Industrial Zone
27: Monster Condo

Any others?

There's one level I can get 100% items but only 92% kills is 29: The Living End. I just cannot find any more monsters. Is this a bug or normal? Does anyone else get this?

MAP29 is definitely doable with 100% kills on all skills and I can't imagine any part in it that's easy to miss.

What engine did you play with? Maybe it's just a few Lost Souls caught outside the map. But that can only happen on the ones that keep all old bugs.

just cannot find any more monsters.

iddt twice then idclip to them

or press "Numpad /" in GlBoom+ 2502

Hey guys, just to let you know I found my 3 lost missing monsters. It was the 3 imps up in the hard-to-see outside area where the archville protects the switch that opens the pink (tougher) hell knight who protects the teleporter to the final middle mountain (map 29).

Yes, they were hidden away but I found them. They don't see me and I had to shoot thin air and then they responded.

andwan0 said:

Hey guys, just to let you know I found my 3 lost missing monsters. It was the 3 imps up in the hard-to-see outside area where the archville protects the switch that opens the pink (tougher) hell knight who protects the teleporter to the final middle mountain (map 29).

Yes, they were hidden away but I found them. They don't see me and I had to shoot thin air and then they responded.

For future reference, if you get confused on one of the OEM levels you should be able to find lots of demos to watch.  E.g. classicdoom.com has a few made specifically to show places where many people have reported being stuck.  COMPET-N submissions from 1994 are usually slow enough for the viewer to work out what's happening (and if they're not, I recommend playing them in slow motion using PrBoom).

I had a tea party with some pink hell knights once. There was also a giant arachnotron there too.

This part always confused me, because I couldn't figure out how to warp to those levels without using the idclev code. I ended up finding them via map/clip but I always thought there was some legitimate way to access them that I missed.