Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marxr

Classic Doom 3 mod

Its a really good mod, but does anyone know a mod that has all episodes of Original Doom, or all levels of Doom 2 with Doom 3 graphics and stuff?

OK, thing is, the only reason episode 1 was made for Doom 3 is because it's the only episode that's available for free as shareware. It would be totally illegal to make the rest of the game and Doom 2 without some kind of licensing agreement from id.

And...I see a username change in your near future by a mod ;)

Texas Libra said:

OK, thing is, the only reason episode 1 was made for Doom 3 is because it's the only episode that's available for free as shareware. It would be totally illegal to make the rest of the game and Doom 2 without some kind of licensing agreement from id.

Alright, tell that to the TSoZD team over at the ZDoom forums.

And...I see a username change in your near future by a mod ;)

There's also a Mancubus III at the ZDoom forums :) Nevertheless, similar usernames are fun, and I guess we're smart enough to distinguish them.

printz said:

There's also a Mancubus III at the ZDoom forums :) Nevertheless, similar usernames are fun, and I guess we're smart enough to distinguish them.

Who what where?! I will destroy etc!

I've seen a DOOM II remake mod, but the catch was that you can't exit any of the levels. You had to warp to the next level.

The Classic Doom 3 mod was great, but it wasn't very fun. It was overwhelming and daunting to die over and over. Luckily I was in muultiplayer so I just respawned. I couldn't fathom having to go through that set of levels without dying.

Texas Libra said:

There's nothing illegal about recreating content from one game in another as a mod, provided that none of the original assets are used and everything is built from scratch - and, of course, that you don't charge people monies. The Doom64 TC could otherwise never have happened, legally speaking.

What stops most "amateurs" from remaking an entire game from the yesteryear in a more contemporary platform is the sheer amount of work involved, assuming it's to be taken seriously and not consist of a collection of crude BoxMapsâ„¢ with enemies thrown in. Maps and other content take far longer to construct than they did 15 years ago. Hence, I believe, why Classic Doom was only a re-imagining of the first episode of Doom.

The Classic Doom mod required some major work. It requires major work to even get through it! You can't just run through, mow down all enemies or get past them without killing them like you could in the original Doom. There are really nice details with these maps, like the hellfire hallway in E1-M6. It is because of that Hellfire that made me go through E1-M7 instead of skipping it, because it was getting to be (tough > (fun*4))

Make a folder in your Doom 3 folder named "lms". Extract the files into that folder. Start Doom 3, and in the lower right corner of the screen you will see "Mods". Click on it, and "Last Man Standing" should be in the box that appears. Click it, and then click "Load Mod".

it did not work. I am using doom 3 off of steam. I typed "Ims" exactly as you see in the quotes as the folder name when I was in the Doom 3 directory.

Er, sorry about that. Been awhile since I've done anything with that mod. Run the executable for lms4, and when prompted where to extract type wherever your Doom 3 folder is. After it's done a lms4 folder will appear in the folder.

I haven't played Doom 3 since about 2005. But I thought I'd give it another chance when I came across this mod. Hey, it's "Knee Deep in the Dead," my favorite set of Doom levels - ever! I'll bet that it's much more fun than the original Doom 3, being that it's based around action and not scripted stuff. But really, the gameplay just feels clunky and slow paced. When the fun factor takes a dip, I don't care how awesome the graphics look. Plus, everything is more dark. And what happened to the mountain skyline?

iunno, I played it a while back, expecting a lot. But really? It's just the E1 layouts with the dark, plastic feel. Why don't they re-make E1 with the hi-res texture pack for the original DOOM? Wait...that'd be a great project for an engine like Q3's, since DOOM 3's lighting model kind of sucks for this kind of game.

By necroposting.