Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glaice

Abyssus - Replaces E2M3

Here is Abyssus, which replaces E2M3 and is by far more challenging than Stoned and Iconic. I seem to have put more work into this one than the previous two combined. There are some secrets that will help significantly in certain areas of the map but should be passable with just the shotgun and chaingun.

Download and enjoy.

Yeah, that was definitely harder than the other two. It was a lot of fun though. Some of the secrets were pretty cool, would have been much harder without them, especially since I never found the chaingun. Only played through it once though. Just nitpicking here, but in my opinion the map had too many tight areas where there wasn't enough room to move around.

Excellent map Mr. Chris, I'm looking forward to playing your next one.

The chaingun is on that same area where the thin lift is, there are stairs leading down to it, near that remote door that leads to the red key.

PS: Please leave feedback and rating too on the Archives page. :)

Played through a 2nd time with the chaingun, went quite a bit more smoothly but still pretty difficult. Managed to complete the level without saving this time, 7/9 secrets. I forgot to mention that I ran into some kind of textural bug in the outside area with the gate and acid. The gate can be seen through the ground. This was with Zdoom 2.2.0 and 2.3.0.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/299/screenshotdoom200906061p.png

Yes, that's weird. It's drawing a full transparent lower unpegged texture through the ground..but that doesn't show in Skulltag in OpenGL through my numerous runthroughs, so it might be a software renderer thing.

When and if I go through all of episode 2, I may add custom textures so that issue wouldn't happen for some people.

Played through it, it was a blast and it also was pretty fun. I came close to die once but got lucky with a nearby secret. Good job again Chris.

On average, it takes me about 20 to 25 minutes to get 100% kills and secrets.

Work on the fourth installment is underway and has been titled "Centrum" due to a main starting area and sections that branch out in other directions.

centrum n.

1. center (of a city)
2. center (place where activity occurs)

Awesomely difficult map, definitely needed savegames to get through it in one piece, but it was so much fun. I had the honour of doing the /newstuff review for this, so I won't repeat myself.

A couple of things: I found the upstairs switch on Linedef 379 hard to spot in the dark, and there's pretty much no indication of the Sector 320 secret, apart from that the flow was great.

Considering the difficulty progression from Stoned to Iconic to this, I'm quite scared at how hard the next one will be.

I'm not sure how hard it will be but it will probably be a little less difficult, only marginally. I also don't know what kind of music to use for this because I like D_E2M4.

RE: fence through the sector floor. I think if you make the single linedef either it's own sector or a more normal polygonal sector that should clip the bottom of the fence. You may need to alter the light value as well a small amount.

There's really nothing I can do about it now, heh. Doesn't happen in Skulltag to me.

New thread has been made about E2M4...just search the forum :3