Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireSeraphim

Infinity of Destruction (Minor Bugfix No. 3.Is now ready, Download here at once!! )

I am currently making a megawad titled "Infinity Of Destruction". this Megawad take place after Doom 2 and here is the plot:
"After the "anamoly incident's" you were given a fairly large fortune to keep you from talking about those terrible events. the only requirment was that you serve as an explorer of the new dimensions that space-tear(i.e. portal) technology revealed. the mission was simple, all you had to do was guard a couple of xenobiologist's while they catalogued the creatures on one of the new dimensions. and then it all went to... well no. but it went pear-shaped quickly, the xenobiologist's are now examining the insides of a pack of living anachronisms and you are running for your life because you forgot to load your gun. Just when you thought you were a lizards new chew-toy, a man leapt out of the bushes, and blasts the pack into a fine red mist with a gun that looks like a cross between a tuba and a vacuum-tube. he introduces himself as Turok"

Edit:The Plot has been revised and the wad is now ready for download
Download here
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=334bc739c1714f6d24a64199ac7f73e5e04e75f6e8ebb871

Edit2:this one will fix the problem with the Map13 teleporters and best of all you don't have to unzip it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=334bc739c1714f6d24a64199ac7f73e5e04e75f6e8ebb871

Yea in the second quadrant of the first map03 ss there's a small patch of what looks like ceil5_2. Otherwise looking good, going with the turok story theme will there be dino sprites, or doom/skulltag monsters?

@ArmouredBlood:Yes, If anyone is willing to rip some good Raptor Sprites, I am also using Skulltag with Custom Monster. I will also need some to make a boss based on the Campaigner as he appeared in Turok:Dinosaur Hunter.
@Creaphis:I think Infinity of Destrution is a good name for a Turok/DOOM themed Megawad.
@udderdude:Actually I will be releasing a six level demo to the public soon.
@Blackfish:MAP03 is fine as it is. I will confess however that I need to do some fixing up to some of the levels that I have.

Creaphis said:

...We are seriously running low on good names.

How about,

Infinity of Destruction With Demons, Guns, and Health... Ultimate Mega Edition - The Lost Worlds with Powerups and Cool Stuff: Supreme Gold Platinum Legendary Inter-dimensional Edition with Guns and Shooting: Eternal Pain and Suffering and Health and Teleporting Demons: The Super Edition: Gold Platinum Silver Copper Version: Demons and Guns: Gold Silver Teleporting Shit: Final Edition with Stuff.

Yeah, I'm kinda bored I guess.

I thought Turok was pretty cool. Are these maps going to be larger and more open-ended than standard Doom maps? I don't know if I get a very strong Turok vibe from those pics you posted.

Are you sure it's fine? ;P Anyway I know nothing about ripping sprites, I only make maps -.- I'm sure someone has ripped turok sprites before though, ask around.

Uh, Turok was a game that mostly used 3d models. The best you'll get are a few really low res wall/floor textures (lol N64) and maybe some simple animations.

Uh, Turok was a game that mostly used 3d models. The best you'll get are a few really low res wall/floor textures (lol N64) and maybe some simple animations.

Heh, I never played the game so I assumed, wrongly ... *adds to list of classic games to play when have money*

Keyblade Master said:

@Creaphis:I think Infinity of Destruction is a good name for a Turok/DOOM themed Megawad.

Doesn't make any sense, though. Infinity is an indefinite number. Not a force or a 'thing' that brings destruction. Maybe a place of indefinite size that is also in a state of destruction, but that's kinda a stretch.

If you named it something like Infinite Destruction or Infinitely Destructive or Infinite Force of Destruction or something like that, it would maybe make more sense.

Wonder how many megawads, partial conversions and total conversions there have been that have taken place right after the events of Doom 2. Our hero sure has seen a lot of action.

CeeJay said:

Wonder how many megawads, partial conversions and total conversions there have been that have taken place right after the events of Doom 2. Our hero sure has seen a lot of action.

Alternate timelines. Lots of them. :P

You need to align the textures. Any reason why you are using Skulltag for this wad besides maybe the weapons and powerups?

@Everybody:I already fix those problems.
@Torn:The Reason why I am using skullltag is because Skulltag actually has some very useful textures and some very useful powerups such as the Timefreeze Sphere and the Doomsphere, which is like Skulltag answer to Quake's Quad Damage Rune.

my older Brother noted that the Campainger looks sorta like an Archvile. Maybe someone could edit an Archvile sprite to look like the Campainger?

My older Brother has been working on these sprites for the Campainger for several days and he has yet to do the other eight direction as well as the attack, hurt and death animation.

do you see the reseblence to this pic.

A few days back I decided to start over because of how messy my mod was, I now have new screenshots for my new version of level three.

It is supposed to be a night time map.

[IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm120/Org13/DOOM%20pic/DOOM0001.png
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm120/Org13/DOOM%20pic/DOOM0002.png
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm120/Org13/DOOM%20pic/DOOM0003.png
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm120/Org13/DOOM%20pic/DOOM0004.png
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm120/Org13/DOOM%20pic/DOOM0005.png

That was one of the longest lists of uninteresting screenshots i've ever seen.

BlackFish said:

this place could use a spoiler tag.

Or for more posters to use thumbnails.

JohnnyRancid said:

That was one of the longest lists of uninteresting screenshots i've ever seen.

Uninteresting? Don't you have page-up/page-down keys so you don't have to stay too long for the screenshots?
EDIT: maybe not, maybe he's at a laptop without page-up/page-down. But then, the trackpad...

@JohnnyRancid:"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all" my mom told me that once, and in this case I think that quotation applies to you my good sir. for what you said about my screenshots was not very nice. Also, is that a Turok avatar that I am seeing in your avatar box, I actually think you avatar is very nice!!

Also There will be some new screenshots in a minute.

I still am hiring spriters. if anyone is interested in finishing the campainger sprites that my older brother left unfinished then Email at chronocosmic@gmail.com