Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireSeraphim

Infinity of Destruction (Minor Bugfix No. 3.Is now ready, Download here at once!! )

I don't have anything nice to say, so I'm going to say it anyways. Fuck censorship.

First -- Too many fucking screenshots of pretty much the same dark hallway.

Second -- Bland, uninspired.

Third -- Looks like shitty gameplay. The layout, from what I see, looks like a box and a rectangle, both completely flat.

If you can't take words that aren't laced with flowers and sunshine, then that is ridiculous. Go play top-rated WADs and take notes.

Butts said:

I don't have anything nice to say, so I'm going to say it anyways. Fuck censorship.

First -- Too many fucking screenshots of pretty much the same dark hallway.

Second -- Bland, uninspired.

Third -- Looks like shitty gameplay. The layout, from what I see, looks like a box and a rectangle, both completely flat.

If you can't take words that aren't laced with flowers and sunshine, then that is ridiculous. Go play top-rated WADs and take notes.

@Butts:It is not the same dark hallway and please be a little more polite, I can stand critizition, as long as it not rude and as long as is it constructive . And I understand what think about my ealier screenshots. I think now I am doing better at screenshot making than before.

It was the only thing i could find online that did not look ugly when used as a skybox. the sky texture you are seeing comes from an obscure SNES game called EVO: Search for Eden.

You take way too many screen shots. You need to find a good place to take one in a given area, not 4 for the same room.

I'm somewhat biased against custom sprites, as they mostly look bad. (The only exception that comes to mind is Scuba Steve's work.) The sky texture is pretty terrible looking as well.

Not really sure what you are trying to achieve with this wad.

I did offer constructive criticism. You just have to sift through the words.

Constructive criticism - Too much contrast!

@Mike.Reiner:What I am trying to with the level in this wad is to give them a turok-like feel to them.

@Butts:I apologize.

@everybody:I am still hiring spriter that are willing to finish my older brother Sean's Campainger sprite and no one has yet anwsered the call. Do you think you're a bad enough doomer to finish these sprites?

then Email at chronocosmic@gmail.com

P.S: thes sprites are supposed to resemble the canpainger as he appeared in Turok:Dinosaur Hunter.

And for the sake of the moderators of this site here is a recap of my megawad's plot.
"You are now backtracking your way outta Hell trying to find your find way out, When suddently you find a mysterious portal that you never have seen before. The appearance of this portal sorta reminds you of the ones from Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. You decide to enter it only to find that have actually enter a whole 'nother dimension. Then something hits you on the head real hard and you soon black out. And when you wake up, you find youself in a bed inside a house and right near you is a man who looks sorta like a Native American. The man appears to not be wearing anything to cover his upper body but he is wearing blue jeans and he has some eagle feathers in his hair. He is also wearing a red headband. The man soon ask you if you're ok. you reply that your are. and you soon learn that he is none other that Tal'Set (A.K.A Turok).He soon tell you that he is having a lot of trouble with the minions of hell and somehow the Campaigner has taken control of Hell's Minion. you then resolve not to return home until the Campaigner is defeated and peace is restored to the Lost Lands."

Keyblade Master said:

@everybody:I am still hiring spriter that are willing to finish my older brother Sean's Campainger sprite and no one has yet anwsered the call. Do you think you're a bad enough doomer to finish these sprites?

Spoiler

then Email at chronocosmic@gmail.com

P.S: thes sprites are supposed to resemble the campaigner as he appeared in Turok:Dinosaur Hunter.

PLEASE STOP IGNORING ME!! I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A SPRITER.
PLEASE PLEASE PPLEASE PLEASE!!! (Literally start banging his head against a wall because everyone on this site is not taking the announcement that he is hiring spriters seriously)

LOL. (then sighs deeply) Well Wildweasel I am glad at least you care.
I think I might ask you to re-create the chronoscepter when I my megawad is halfway finished.

@Butts:I confess that I don't have any money. But if you do it I promise your name will wind up in the credits of my megawad.

... Look, dude, making a project of that kind of scale takes an incredible ammount of work. It takes infinitely -more- work to make it -good-. Look at some of the development times on projects like "The Island"

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12819

Or Cold as Hell, KDiZD, Shotgun Frenzy or a multitude of other wads. These projects are massive in their relative scale due to the amount of time, effort and design that had to go into them to make them work.

As someone who's started and fell flat on more projects than he can count on his hands, I offer this token of advice, take it or leave it.

Your project is absolutely meaningless until such a time that you:
A) Prove you have the skill to pull off something WORTHY of attracting the help you want (regardless of what skillset you're looking for) and more importantly:

B) Show that you are in it for the long term, have -significant- work to show. Levels complete, story in place and so on.

Further to that, the vast majority of the community is interested in -their- projects and -their- interests. Chances are quite good that you'll never draw (pardon the pun) a good spriter because, quite simply, the good ones are busy doing other things that they find more interesting/personally rewarding/what have you.

The sprites you have shown already aren't terrible, while they certainly won't win any awards at least your brother (I believe?) is honing a very time consuming albiet rewarding skill. Don't worry about the visuals until you have your stuff laid out and do some poking around for other character/model rips if you're dead set on that kind of thing. You can do quite a lot of interesting stuff with resources already available but -your- main concern should be making your project fun and interesting, both for your player -and- you.

-Timber

Keyblade Master said:

PLEASE STOP IGNORING ME!! I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A SPRITER.
PLEASE PLEASE PPLEASE PLEASE!!! (Literally start banging his head against a wall because everyone on this site is not taking the announcement that he is hiring spriters seriously)

I know where this is going......

With all those screenshots I'm pretty sure I've seen the entire wad.

@sirtimberwolf:I already had a story laid out.(You didn't read the entire thread.)
@JohnnyRancid:You had not have a chance to play the levels yet. so don't be so quick to judge(I do not mean it in a rude way).
@Blackfish:Hell yes I'm desperate. Wouldn't you be desperate if you needed a set of sprites for the final boss and your older brother refused to continue working on a set of sprites that are partially done?.

I do confess That I don't know anything about scripting or making a custom enemy, but in my opinion sometimes all you need is a good dedicated group to support you (and help out when needed) and a grand vision as well a as general plan to execute this vision. I now realise that I might have to turn this into a team project because of how ambitious this is.

Keyblade Master said:

I now realise that I might have to turn this into a team project because of how ambitious this is.

Good luck. A new comer hardly has enough merit to get a bunch of random doomers to stop and make this wad into a reality unless it's a really special idea. This idea is pretty secular and exclusive to purely doom and turok fans.

Hell, I hardly have enough merit to form a team for a project.

Hell yes I'm desperate. Wouldn't you be desperate if you needed a set of sprites for the final boss and your older brother refused to continue working on a set of sprites that are partially done?.

No. You have three options:
1) Learn sprite art.
2) Be desperate.
3) Don't be desperate.

I recommend the first. It's rewarding.

Forget the monster and stick to the original monsters. Your latest shots look decent, and are an good base to improve on. I would replace that super mario sky with something better.

@Dutch Devil:NO, I WILL NOT CHANGE MY PLANS.
@Not Jabba:Me and my bro has decided that the Campaigner will be driving a flying vehicle for the final boss.
@JohnnyRancid:You're not such a bad person at all. as I said before I happen to like your avatar for some strange reason.
@Blackfish:Can you please stop being such a pessimist. Life is more than you'll ever know. I happen to be an optimist and that alone will ensure that my project gets finished.

Stop posting so many goddamn screenshots. If you really must post so many, just give a link so that if people actually wanted to look at them, then they can click them instead of having dozens of screenshots shoved in their face.

I re-read my mod's plot and I have realize that I might need to polish it up a bit. I am also uploading a video right now.(Hopefully It does not decide to die on me) in other news, I manage to implement Velociraptors into my mod, as well as my final boss.

I finally managed to upload a video of E2M1 of My Mod. be warned that you have to download the video in order to watch it!!.
(I happened to use Hypercam for the purpose of recording it,
if you see any problems with this video, then you can blame Hypercam!!)

Video Download Link Below
http://www.filedropper.com/test0004

Just in case the above link does not work.
http://www.filesavr.com/test0004