Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

Anyway to get Doom Iwads to work on 360? NOT XBLA DOOM

Say.. I wanted to play Doom 2 or TNT on Xbox 360.. any ports available on the interwebs? ive no idea what to google because everytime i google it all i get is XBLA Doom.

Only if you make your Xbox 360 run Linux (after that you can just run Chocolate Doom, PrBoom, Odamex, or whatever else that has Linux ports). This requires either a very old version of the system software, or hardware modchips (which will cause you to get banned from Xbox Live, even if you never use it for anything illegal). See http://www.free60.org/ for details.

why not just buy doom 3 resurrection of evil for original xbox?

It comes with ports of ultimate doom, doom 2 and the master levels for doom 2 on the disc, along with resurrection of evil obviously.

Zafbot said:

why not just buy doom 3 resurrection of evil for original xbox?

It comes with ports of ultimate doom, doom 2 and the master levels for doom 2 on the disc, along with resurrection of evil obviously.

rofl never thought of that.. I do have DooM 3 on my Xbox but it not collectors. I think I saw some copys of it in EB.. never knew it came with the old dooms tho :P

There's no Collector's version of ROE, the classic Doom games are on every disc of that. :)

MikeRS said:

There's no Collector's version of ROE, the classic Doom games are on every disc of that. :)

:) I meant to say I have Normal Doom 3 on Xbox but Im sure I saw ROE in EB so next time I get a chance i'll pick it up.. dunno why id release heaps of games on the 1 disc for.. least you get value for money eh

I used to own the doom 3 collectors edition for the xbox...bought it when it first came out. Along with good ports of Doom 1 and Doom 2, it also game with a TV special that was on the channel G4 about the doom series itself...people like Tom Hall, and John Carmack talk about doom and give their opinions on the future of doom, iD, etc. Pretty interesting, watched it a few times, now I'm sort of disappointed i traded it in...might have to go pick up a copy of it again soon!

Or, if it's easier to get your hands on a modded Xbox1, there are two ports (one based on linuxdoom/WinDoom, one of Legacy) on xbins.

MikeRS said:

hehe, I got the collector's edition (tin and all) for $10 used... :D

I threw out $60 for it the day it was released sometime in 2004, blegh!
:(