Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rancid-Radio

flood protection

its a good idea so that the forums dont get bombed with crap but it's weird. sometimes i can make 2 posts real fast and it wont do anything and sometimes i will post, wait a while, and when i go to post again i have to wait 60 seconds. whats going on.

you're flooding the forums and the flood protection is turning on. Just wait a minute between replies.

Or just don't post. It's easier.

i think it's not that simple. we're stuck posting here, and it's hard to get rid of it.

I wouldn't complain if the flood protection time was set to something higher. I need protection from my own flooding.

its a good idea so that the forums dont get bombed with crap

Yes, unfortunately it seems it isnt working well enough. Perhaps ling needs to up the delay time a bit...

its a good idea so that the forums dont get bombed with crap

Yes, unfortunately it seems it isnt working well enough. Perhaps ling needs to up the delay time a bit...

I think he's just needs to up the Ban-O-Matic's usage.

One way to prevent spamming would be to give everyone a limited number of posts they could make in a day. But that would suck, then again, 10 posts a day is about enough for most people, 20 wouldn't cause a problem.

Yeah, I have a shitload of posts, but I really don't spam. Maybe I post something retarded once in a while, but it's not a huge long string of retardedness. I usually post 10-20 posts a day, and the large majority are coherent and rational.

What's the point? It's a forum, it's about posting...

Yes I know, I was just thinking of possibilities to keep the spam down. However the best one still is to get more responsible mods.

What's the point? It's a forum, it's about posting...

Yes I know, I was just thinking of possibilities to keep the spam down. However the best one still is to get more responsible mods.

Do you mean to remove the ones who are currently here or add more in addition to the ones that are here?

they're doing a good job, although I think Lut is overreacting a little from the spamfest we had. Getting another one and letting the current ones use the ban-o-matic would probably be a good move if the spamming continues. Actually nah, just let lut and zaldron use the ban-o-matic and all is fine.

Or at the very least give Lüt and Zaldron the ability to reset postcounts or something.

they're doing a good job, although I think Lut is overreacting a little from the spamfest we had

Pff, be glad Lüt's in charge of General.

i think it's not that simple. we're stuck posting here, and it's hard to get rid of it.

Yes, we have all fallen into a forum addiction...let the junkies stay in.

However the best one still is to get more responsible mods

hey lüt, he's talkin trash :p

the "more" was as in the quantity of the mods and not as in the level of responsibility of the current ones.