Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Lights Out: a freeware game

Something has gone wrong at the medical research facility. Armed with nothing but a flashlight, you must attempt escape...provided you're brave enough to leave your room.

Don't let the simple gameplay fool you -- you may end up leaping out of your seat or screaming like a cheerleader before the night is out.

In the dark, you can't see well enough to identify obstructive/noisy objects, and small objects like keys and extra batteries are completely invisible.

With the flick of a switch, you illuminate your corridor....but everything else is blackness.

Unlock the elevator to escape to the next floor, narrowly escaping a fate worse than death. You'll have your share of close calls in this game.

So how about it? Care to brave the haunted halls of Lights Out?

http://www.filefront.com/14616387/lights-out.rar

Good night, and good luck.

Lights Out runs on Windows XP and Windows Vista (if it doesn't, let me know). It's 28 levels of spooky fun!

This looks interesting. However, this monitor has never been able to display 320x240 correctly so I can't check it out.

Creaphis said:

This looks interesting. However, this monitor has never been able to display 320x240 correctly so I can't check it out.

Crap. Well, what about 640x480? Thats the resolution for my next release (which is more reminiscent of Doom than this one).

Yeah that's no problem. But windowed modes or higher-resolution modes with multiplied pixels are a good idea in general.

I've replaced the file with a new version that doesn't mess with the screen resolution. You can toggle fullscreen mode by pressing F4.

Impie said:

I've replaced the file with a new version that doesn't mess with the screen resolution. You can toggle fullscreen mode by pressing F4.

Thanks for going to the trouble. Cute game.

No trouble at all. I just have a tendency to do things the hard way before I figure out the easy way...

Decided to revisit this little bastard and fix it up a bit. Version 1.1 available. Monsters slower, game easier. Download in the first post has been updated.

The downloads for this game have disappeared. Could someone upload it somewhere again? I deleted it not long ago by accident and I'd like to play it again.