Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

OH-HOHOHO!!!!

My good luck, it seems, is running away with me. Right on the heels of getting Doom2, last night I got another PC game. That's right, folks, another PC game. But not just any PC game. This has 4 games for the low price of, I think, only 15 bucks. Not bad. But the games are the real winners. For starters, there's Battlezone 2. Not bad if you like space-sim games. Then Dark Reign 2. Haven't tried it yet. Looks good though. Then Heavy Gear 2. If I could figure out how to control the damned mech, I might actually sit down and try it. Then the real star of the bunch-Quake 2. I played this game from 6:30 am yesterday to 2:00 this morning. This game is just that good, IMO. Lots of cool, scary monsters, lots of awesome weapons, and I like the environments too. The graphics are also kick-@$$0rz, especially with OpenGL turned on. Lots of that dynamic lighting stuff, which strangely doesn't slow the game down a bit. So far I have made to the Mines. I intend to play it even more online, if I could find a Quake 2 server. Haven't really looked.
Oh well. Toodle-too
/me dashes off to play yet another game of Q2

wow you really like quake 2. I must admit it is a good game, best of all the quakes. anyway there should still be many servers out there. however u may have to use something like gamespy or heat.net

Yeah, so was I.
I realize Quake2 came out 4 or so years ago, but frankly I just don't care. I think it plays exactly like Doom (my God, it even has the BFG in there!), and that's probably why I like it so much.
Q2's gameplay has withstood the test of time, it would seem.

Q2 is, without doubt, the best Quake game. There is just no argument otherwise. Quake comes in a distant second and Q3A takes a third in a different timezone.

One of the best things to come from Q2 is the N64 port. Not only are the levels kickass (not up to snuff with id's own quality, but they are pretty damn good) but the four player splitscreen DM is probably the best on the system.

At this point... I can't fucking wait to play some DM in Halo now that I have my X-Box. =D

Yeah, Quake 2 is probably the best Quake game out there.
What I like most is the scary stuff. Lights blinking, enemies coming out of nowhere seemingly, the sound of those eight-foot tall guys with sledgehammers and pikes for arms screeching, "Trespasser!"-it's so chilling. I don't believe a game has spooked me this much since the original Doom.
What I don't like is the music. It's too generic in my opinion. Same old rock n roll we've heard before. Without the music on, the suspense is increased tenfold and you can never be sure what's going to come out of nowhere to get you.
Congrats on a getting an XBOX, deady. Wish I had one :\ Oh Quake 2 and Doom2 (not too mention a myriad of other games) are going to keep me busy for many a month to come.

Hmm...

Battlezone 2, Dark Reign 2, Heavy Gear 2 and Quake 2. Do I sense a theme?

Yeah there's certainly a theme going on :) It would have been even better if the original Dark Reign, Battlezone, Heavy Gear, and Quake were included. I would've loved that. However, can't be picky. I have four good games to play and I'm loving it.

My favorite level for any game of all time is that prison level from the Nintendo64 version of Quake 2.

BEST.LEVEL.EVAR

Quake 2 is also my fav quake game - and until RtCW came out it was my fav post Doom game.
I don't find the game "scary" though, but it has kickass weapons - chaingun's my favorite - don't know about the enemies.

I'm actually quite happy that Q4 is based on Q2's theme, but I'd have preferred that Q4 somehow linked Q1's story together with Q2. It always bothered me that Q2 had nothing to do with Q1.

Q2 is, without doubt, the best Quake game. There is just no argument otherwise.

Except for replay value. Q2 wore off pretty quickly, then back to Q1 for the last few years.

I love quake 1 way more than quake2. I actually enjoy playing Q1, while I could hardly get myself to bother finishing Q2.

I think the main beauty of Q2 (for me) is the technical/graphical one. The game has awesome weapons, cool levels... the monsters are lame compared to those in games like DOOM and QUAKE though. And the story is not exciting at all. But otherwise, great game.

I like the dark gothic theme over that industrial techy feel, and I rock.

why havn't you beeten the game yet? you said you played it for like, 20 hours strait, thats a long time. but hey, at least you're enjoying the game.

if you want to play big multiplayer games of halo then you can get this thing on gamespy where you can hook your xbox into your computer and play on an onliner server.

i liked the first quake over the second because quake has more hardcore action and less puzzles (alltho quake2 has puzzles they aren't hard, just annoying).

All Quakes are fun. Every once in a while I reinstall them all, patch them and play for a while. There are few games that I've replayed so many times.

yes, even though all of them kicked ass I think q1 was the best one. I do realize I'm probably the only one who thinks this way, but whatever, I love it.

yes, even though all of them kicked ass I think q1 was the best one. I do realize I'm probably the only one who thinks this way, but whatever, I love it.

No I do too. Quake 1's DOOM in 3d enviroments and less creatures. The plot is identical.

I guess me and zaldron are the only ones that know any better. =]

No I do too. Quake 1's DOOM in 3d enviroments and less creatures. The plot is identical.

Yeah, plot's identical (although a bit toned down), but many cool elements from Doom wasn't present in Quake1 and Doom didn't have knights in armour - or a grenade launcher or lightning gun.

Also Doom had cooler sounds overall.

These are *some* of the reasons why I think that it's wrong to call Quake 1 "Doom in 3d environments".

Are you insulting us???

yes, and it's because you're all white.

So, you're black or..?
This won't affect white people's views on non-white people in a positive way y'know.

but many cool elements from Doom wasn't present in Quake1

Like?

and Doom didn't have knights in armour - or a grenade launcher or lightning gun.

And those are things I really like about Quake. The grenade launcher, the thunderbolt and those cool knights.

Also Doom had cooler sounds overall.

Not sure, they're pretty much alike. All id games are similar in the sound department, IMO. DOOM's supposed to fix that.

These are *some* of the reasons why I think that it's wrong to call Quake 1 "Doom in 3d environments".

Bear in mind I'm talking about the DOOM "concept", not the "2.5D game". It's obvious that they're very different games, but that's mainly because of the technology involved.

Ooo! Ooo! :) I'll point out a nice mod for Quake 2 that is STILL being worked on. ^_^ GLOOM!!! Hatchies r0r0rz!!!11@!1! :)

What? You want a LINK!? ...can't you just find it on your own? :P Oh ok, here's the link. http://planetgloom.com/

It's a good game, it's just that you need a 'taste' for it. Oh, and if you do check it out, RTFM!! For dogs sakes read the manual, so you don't log onto a server and think it's a DM mod. >.<;

Oh, and if anyone asks.... I didn't tell you about it.. ;)

umm... Jezus was black.

Ummmmm, if he DID exist (which I highly doubt) then he was both of these things:

1. Mid-tone skinned (Hell, look at the area he came from)
2. Wacko

umm... Jezus was black.

Ummmmm, if he DID exist (which I highly doubt) then he was both of these things:

1. Mid-tone skinned (Hell, look at the area he came from)
2. Wacko

I believe that Jesus existed, but he wasn't all that people say he was.