Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TKOJ

Skyview and Decorate problems!

I need help fixing my sky. The second I put in a GLDEFS lump in my WAD, the sky looks like white and blue vertical stripes now! How do I bring it back to normal?

Second, when I use the Move_Monster script it simply makes the monster dissappear instead of teleporting him.

Third, when I use a VOID script it keeps saying "unknown_script 222." It seems to have been written perfectly in ACS.... maybe GZdoom can't use VOID?

One more thing. The DECORATE monsters aren't showing up in DoomBuilder. Is it because I have more than one DECORATE lump? Any ideas how to fix this?

Btw, I'm using GZDoom.

Those problems sound very interesting.

However, unless you want someone to help by reading your mind or doing a lot of guesswork, I would suggest that you make your map available for scrutiny.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

First, nobody has any idea what you're talking about.

Second, wat

Third, you're doing it wrong. (void), not VOID.

One more thing. Yes, it's probably because you have more than one DECORATE lump. That is very bad practice anyway and you should never do that unless you use #include to specify differently-named lumps that have DECORATE entries.

Seriously, read back your own post and try to imagine how much of it you would understand if you had never seen your WAD, didn't know what your lumps looked like or what the project was trying to do. Then see if you could answer the question.

We don't have your WAD and without more information it's almost impossible to say what is wrong. It's like asking:

I'm doing a maths question and I got 27 as an answer but the actual answer is 98. What am I doing wrong?

TKOJ said:

One more thing. The DECORATE monsters aren't showing up in DoomBuilder.

WHO. CARES. ?

Just remember their editor number and that's all you need. That they show up in the game is what matters.

But since I'm psychic:

TKOJ said:

I need help fixing my sky. The second I put in a GLDEFS lump in my WAD, the sky looks like white and blue vertical stripes now! How do I bring it back to normal?

Delete the skybox{} blocks from the GLDEFS lump.

TKOJ said:

Second, when I use the Move_Monster script it simply makes the monster dissappear instead of teleporting him.

There is no Move_Monster special, that's why.

TKOJ said:

Third, when I use a VOID script it keeps saying "unknown_script 222." It seems to have been written perfectly in ACS.... maybe GZdoom can't use VOID?

You're not declaring your script correctly. Void is not a script type, so it's (void), not VOID.

TKOJ said:

One more thing. The DECORATE monsters aren't showing up in DoomBuilder. Is it because I have more than one DECORATE lump? Any ideas how to fix this?

That's because you're using a vanilla configuration, not a ZDoom configuration. Either that or you're not loading the file with the decorate lump as a resource file, if it's not in the map file.

Yeah you all got it spot on!

You are right about my typing though, I should practice that.