Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Whoo

Slumped Issue (Resolved)

I'm sure this has been answered before(I just haven't found any answers in searching). Basically the problem is, whenever I import a .bmp file into Slumped, it well, kinda does this:

Instead of converting it to a graphic it leaves it at "Image", or "Windows or OS/2 Bitmap". Which then disables it from being shown ingame. And I am using BMP because this is a wad for Original Doom, not a source port that can handle PNG's.

Doom doesn't use BMP. It uses raw linear format for flats, and patch format for everything else.

SLumpEd only converts between formats when you tell it you want it to; when you import something, it's imported into the wad exactly as-is. To convert from another graphics format to patch format, right-click on the lump, Convert to -> Doom Graphic, and away ye go. SLumpEd's lump type display might not actually update for the change until the next time you open the wad, but it has converted it.

I always thought Doom used 256-color BMP. Guess not, then. Thanks for the help Essel! And kristus I thought the spoiler would hide the image, and I when I saw it didn't I forgot to remove the tag.