Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

first unreal tournament ii screenies!

Bah, another multiplayer-only game. Easy cash-cows...

It doesn't look all that impressive. They better get this one on the shelves together with Unreal II.

Those screenies look like a pimped up combo between Quake3 and Serious Sam.

I don't suppose there is a translation somewhere..?

Bah, another multiplayer-only game.

you want they sould make the sequal to a multiplayer only game single player?

Why do they HAVE to make a sequal to a multiplayer only game?

They're already working on the next-gen mutliplayer version of Unreal (Unreal Warfare), if there's a "Unreal Tournament II" it's because they want the big money quick.

The scenery looks alright.

That's all I'm really interested with in these newer games. I'm not much for playing them anymore, I just like seeing what can be done with them. It gives me lots of cool ideas for Doom maps as well as some other things like stories or music.

*looks at the picture* Hey, I'm having wet dreams!

geesh, this l00ks nice as h3ll!

Yeah it makes me wonder where's the power of Unreal's next gen tech.

Maybe they started this way before U2's tech was available.

Betcha - actually, there is a traslation on VE:

Old Info:

There will be vehicles to drive.

Sophisticated skeletal animation. For example, you'll have a different animation when switching weapons depending on the weapon, race and movement the character was doing while switching weapon.

Sophisticated math engine used to animate the environnement and characters. For example, characters wont fall the same way twice (wow!). If a character falls and there are a few ledges under him, he will bounce off each of them in a realistic way.

Special moves that requires energy: speed and berserk (only two mentionned). When a player dies, he leaves a small energy sphere. Pick it up and you gather the energy needed for those special moves.

Other special moves that requires no energy: strafe dodge, double jump and another one that will allow you to stay in the air a fraction of a second more when jumping (allowing you to dodge a rocket, for example).

Six races with 26 models total (+ skins for each):

Egyptians, geneticaly enhanced humans (juggernauts), aliens, a race called Nightmare, robots and mercenaries.

About 30 maps ranging from lava worlds, ice worlds, jungles, space station, deserts...

On the single player part: 3 ladders (colonial, world, empire, you will command a team, you will be able to improve the abilities (aiming, agility, tactical) of each member after winning games, you will assigh a role to each member of the team (offense, defence, mobile), you will be able to purchase warriors from a roaster of all-stars.

All weapons have been modified, no more razorjack and biorifle. Secondary fire mode will be there.

No more ammo packs, armour and medpacks. Replaced by recharge platforms: one for heath, one for armour and one for weapons. You will be recharged progressively while standing on the platform.

You will re-spwan with all weapons (except for two special ones) and packed with ammo.

New Info:

The ultimate in first-person action returns! Developed by Digital Extremes, Unreal Tournament II is the sequel to the mind-blowing, award-winning action of Unreal Tournament. Features that made the original unforgettable return and new innovative game play, graphics and technology make the sequel a sure-fire hit. Unreal Tournament II uses the latest Unreal technology by Epic Games, combining a brilliant single player experience with an unparalleled multi-player component. Players will be able to play through a series of matches in the single player mode against computer-controlled opponents (bots) or play online against human-controlled adversaries. Both single-player and online aspects of the game will be rich with content and gameplay options, giving the player a wide range of first person action experiences.

Key Features:

Explore up to 30 original exotic indoor and outdoor environments, each featuring jaw-dropping dynamic volumetrically lit particle systems and up to 100 times more polygons than the original.

Choose from up to 50 new highly individualized characters with their own abilities and origins featuring high polygon counts and high-resolution textures.

Fire to your hearts’ desire with new weapons and updated favorites from the original such as Flak Cannon, Assault Rifle, Shock Rifle, Link Gun, and Ion Cannon.

Select from frenetic new game modes or tried-and-true favorites including Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Domination 2, Survivor and Bombing Run.

New enhanced game play moves including the translocator, the dodge move, increased speed, mutators, double jump and berserker.

Gameplay is more team focused – create your own team and increase their abilities to progress through the single player tournament.

Barrel through the vast incredibly detailed terrain atop land and hover team-based vehicles.

Battle your friends with up to 32 players to face off online Utilizes renowned Math Engine physics to simulate true-to-life character movement and environmental interaction.

Players can easily design their own levels and/or mods using pre-fabricated sections of architecture with the latest version of the Unreal Level Editor.

No more ammo packs, armour and medpacks. Replaced by recharge platforms: one for heath, one for armour and one for weapons. You will be recharged progressively while standing on the platform.

That sounds like a very bad idea - if they do it that way, it will probably kill the fast action gameplay. Camping those recharge platforms instead of moving arround.

Q3A had one of these platforms on one of the official levels. If you're playing against decent/newbies it's useful, but when you have experienced players running around you can't stay more than what it takes you to cross it running.

It doesn't sound quite right, altough I suppose the levels are somehow designed to provide shelter when using one of these things.

You mean the regeneration point in The Nameless Place (q3dm10). But there are, of course, still normal health, ammo and weapons in the map that bring the game into flow! This regeneration point is just some sort of gimmick and it didn´t played a big role in the gameplay of that particular map (played it many times online).

Item placement and item timing is one of the most important aspects for deathmatch and team play maps. If they remove all items and replace them by three different types of recharge platforms, they will criple gameplay and support camping, because you have to stand still to recharge your stuff.

Well maybe they're aiming for a less item-based gameplay style. Part of mastering Q3A is comming up with a trajectory that somehow mantains you alive in all 3 areas.

Maybe they're going for fuck that, get maxed out and be ready to fight. If you ask me, that makes killing tedious.

I don´t understand what you mean with that trajactory thing?

Less item-based gameplay: Rocket Arena, since Quake, available for Q2, Q3 and UT too ;)

But the camping aspect isn´t there in RA, because you already have all you need. I can´t figure out a good gameplay with those recharge stations, other than camping and eventually hunting the enemy.

Looks like in UT2 weapons stay on your inventory even after resurrecting. I suppose things start slowly but then they pick up at RA's level.

By trajectory I meant a path that continually recharges ammo/weapons, health and armor. If something crosses your path you attempt to kill it. That's how I play Q3A anyway :)

Yeah maybe they are aiming towards a RA-style gameplay, although this is not everyones cup of tea, and not as flexible as base for different game modes. And I still think those recharge stations are a very bad idea. Well, let´s see how it turns out, the release should be pretty soon (may/june) from what I heard.

Bases or not, they should model and code each possible item. Not for their own use, but to ensure people who's not satisfied with that can mod the game without having to actually model the ammo cases.

That whole 'recharge point' thing gives me bad memories of the regeneration pools in Half-Life. I remember getting killed/hurt even worse almost every time I went into one, even on the little 1on1 LAN games I used to play against my newbie friends on.