Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cybdmn

.net Framework as a nested installation?

Can you please make an installation of DB2 without the nested .net FW installation, or at least build in a condition, which skip the .net FW installation if it is already installed? I wanted to install DB2 on a machine, where i have no access to the internet, but .net FW 3.5 is already installed, but the installation routine call the setup for .net, which wants to download the installation files from the net.

I had a similar situation.

My main gaming PC is not connected to the Internet (I'm a single player person) and as such when I tried to install DB2 it then tried to download the .NET Framework and failed.

It took me a while to figure out what version of the .NET Framework was needed as I thought it was failing to detect I already has multiple versions installed. I had 1, 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 but not the 3.5 version as it turned out.

A better way of doing this would be for the install to popup a message saying that the .NET Framework 3.5 (Note I am specifying the version number) has not be found and would I like the installer to download and install it for me. Clicking yes carriers on with the installation as is. Clicking no quits the installation telling me to manually install the prerequisite before I continue.

The advantage of this method is that not only does it tell me what version of the .NET framework I need but it now also a non-Internet friendly install.

It would also be useful to put the .NET Framework 3.5 requirement on the website.

Other then this small installation niggle this is a great program and I thank you for making all for making it and giving it away freely.