Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Crendowing's Doom Station is back up and running

OK, after a long time of not updating the site, I've finally gotten some time to fix and manage the station. One obvious new feature of the site when and if you get there is that it now has frames. Sorry to those that either don't like or can't support frames, but for now I just wanted the frames page up.

One annoying problem about it is that it's on America Offline Hometown, so expect some problems (e.g., some pictures not loading, "Can't find page" messages, etc.). Don't get impatient so quick if you do encounter these problems, however. The simple solution is to keep refreshing the page. It will eventually fix the problem.

If you feel the need to, go check it out. You can either click the house button at the top, or you can be lazy and click here. Enjoy, and keep DOOMing.

I hate Quicktime Music. Oh and Quicktime. Oh and Apple.

It defaults to that if you have Quicktime plugged-in. Don't get me wrong, I just put them on as regular MIDIs, and then Quicktime plays them. My first reaction was "WTF??????". Go ahead, examine the source, you'll see I'm right.

Oh, and Lament, you're right, but I just got done uploading the pages and it would too much of a hassle to change the text color right now.

Make demos with monsters in them. I already know how to go through a level.

Speaking of demos, I downloaded a .zip of NoSkill demos, and they must be off or something because after about 20 seconds, he starts running into walls ans shooting randomly...

Speaking of demos, I downloaded a .zip of NoSkill demos, and they must be off or something because after about 20 seconds, he starts running into walls ans shooting randomly...

I suppose that would depend on the executable you're using to view it and the one NoSkill used to record it... PrBoom usually works fine.

To quote the demos page:

For the total newbie, the first few weeks will be of the regular games. No need for the good 'ole "Doom vets" (like myself, heh) to get them at this point.

There...that's why there's no monsters in them. Did you get the Episode 1 runthru? I'll remake it if it's not up there.

Hmmm...serves me right for using Doom95

Funny, demos always seemed to work right whenever I used Doom95...

I've only watched a few demos in Doom95, and they seemed to work OK.

There really shouldn't be any compatibility problems. The only thing I could think of is that if you're on a slow computer, it may handle lag differently.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!!!!! THE STATION HAS NOW BEEN RELOCATED TO HERE!

I've also updated the news page, demos, and fiction page.

[edit]BTW Liam, I made demos with monsters in them this time.[/edit]

There really shouldn't be any compatibility problems. The only thing I could think of is that if you're on a slow computer, it may handle lag differently.

I don't think a 700mhz Celeron is very slow...maybe its too fast?

[edit]BTW Liam, I made demos with monsters in them this time.[/edit]

Keyboarder?