Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

do the original MIDIS remind you of anything?

does any of the original Doom and Doom II music remind you of anything in paticular about doom? could be a thing about doom, something you remember when playing it, etc. NOT of songs that seem similar to the MIDIS, though.

D_E3M8 seems to show the spider mastermind well to me, as the part after 0:06 reminds me of the constant stream from it's chaingun.

D_IN_CIT reminds me of the arch-vile for some reason.

D_STALKS just haunts me with the starting room of MAP02...

D_E2M6 just reminds me of doom 1 in general. to me it seems almost the definitive doom song (besides the rock mostly used in E1).
i would say D_DOOM is another definitive doom song.

D_BUNNY makes my heart stop. Unrewarding Doom experience as a child. I don't want to talk about it.

Doom music reminds me about Doom, no matter where and how I listen to it.

I always associate BLECHR from Hexen with jaguar and panther monsters :)

Some of the original MIDIs remind me of anal sex, some of them remind me of the holocaust. D_SHAWN reminds me of a warty toad.

Whenever I hear Smoke on the Water, I try to recall which doom level had that song as its music. Usually I consider MAP29 until I remember how it really is.

Other than the real music that it rips off?

OK that was a joke^

Really it just makes me think of Doom. I enjoy the more ominous sounding ones, like E1M8 and E2M8.

D_BUNNY=creepy

D_E1M1=DOOM in general, my iconic DOOM song

D_E1M8=I think of this song in just about every single boss fight in every other video game I've played

They make me think of the level where I first heard them. Well, except for the one from Trick and Traps. My little brother was playing that on his GBA when we were sleeping at a farm in the basement. I get reminded of sleeping there just by that stupid song now. He fell asleep with it playing.

Most of the songs from Doom remind me of particular monsters, often without reason. I'll name them by map, since I don't know the filenames for half of them...

MAP10 always makes me think of cacodemons. Specifically dead ones.
MAP06 also makes me think of cacodemons, though not so dead. Not sure why.
MAP20, MAP25 and MAP28 all make me think of archviles.
E2M8 makes me think of cyberdemons. In this case, pretty obvious why.
E3M8 makes me think of spider masterminds. Again, obvious why.
E1M1 reminds me of the Doomguy face on the HUD.
MAP02 makes me think of the first screen in MAP02, with the former humans backs turned and all that.
MAP23 conjures up pain elementals, probably because there's so damn many of them on that map. (Also barrels I guess...)
TNT01 usually makes me think of chaingunners.
TNT02, revenants. Which doesn't make sense so much, although I guess there's a couple in the map.

I could go on, but to avoid tl;dr-ness I'll stop here.