Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dark santaclaus

minimum requeriments

are we gonna need a kind of super computer to play this, i mean without countng the gf3, what else will we need, a pentium 4, 256 mb ram... does anybodu has an idea???

Minimum for nice playability, no crappy "THE EXE STARTED HOORAY!!!" :

# 1.5 GB HD
# 256 MB RAM
# P3 1 GHZ
# Hardware accelerated Sound Card
# Geforce3
# Some fast motherboard with nice AGP support.

Minimum for nice playability, no crappy "THE EXE STARTED HOORAY!!!" :

# 1.5 GB HD
# 256 MB RAM
# P3 1 GHZ
# Hardware accelerated Sound Card
# Geforce3
# Some fast motherboard with nice AGP support.

I seriously hope not.

It's the truth. Remember when we people upgraded for DooM and Quake? This is one of the only "important" upgrades I'm going to do to my comp. People have been buying the TNT up to the GeForce2 just to get mad framerates.

Now your money pays off, id's raising the bar with graphics to a point where everything smaller than GF3 is crap.

As for the GeForce3, we saw smooth framerates in the trailer, and I'm almost positively sure it was 800x600@32.

I don`t think, that the requirements will be as high as Zaldron thoughts !

I think it will be playable with 700 - 800 Mhz and 128 MB RAM,a GeForce 2 GTS,Pro,Ultra and a good Motherboard.
O.K. not with the highest Resolution and all Effects,only a GeForce 3 can do,but playable,and good playable .

Let's also not forget that by the time the game is released, geForce 3 cards will be a LOT cheaper, and an even more insanely fast card will be in the spotlight.

I'm not gonna worry about it for the time being, after all, why pay more now for hardware that we're not really going to need for at least another year?

Of course, when that time comes, the upgrade will most definitely be worth it. ^__^

Let's also not forget that by the time the game is released, geForce 3 cards will be a LOT cheaper, and an even more insanely fast card will be in the spotlight.

I'm not gonna worry about it for the time being, after all, why pay more now for hardware that we're not really going to need for at least another year?

Of course, when that time comes, the upgrade will most definitely be worth it. ^__^

this is a good thinking...for now a GF2 GTS is more than enough...in a year's time the GF3 will be a "must"

THe Recommend DooM 3 computer specs are:
A Intel 386
4 megs of RAM
20 megs of HD space
VGA Graphics (The new rad ISA port required)
And a 2X CD-ROM

>_<

Well that's a relief.
But, I think Doom 2 needed more than 4 megs of system memory.

PS: Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable price on that kind of hardware.=P

People, when I say "Minimum" I mean "I want to play the game like it was made and not with ass graphics". Afterall, that's the only real important number.

GF2 won't cut for this one. The tech's not close enough to the GF3 capabilities. I just can't imagine how a DX7 generation card could work out P&V shaders, Dot3 and the like...

By the time doom3 comes out: GF3 will be fairly cheap a 1.4GIG chip (AMD) will be cheap and 256 megs of memory will be really cheap.

no worries, sorted :)

THe Recommend DooM 3 computer specs are:
A Intel 386
4 megs of RAM
20 megs of HD space
VGA Graphics (The new rad ISA port required)
And a 2X CD-ROM

Great, that means I don't have to upgrade ! Now I can play both Whacky Wheels AND Doom 3 !!

Yes! That means I can play DooM 3, Whacky Weels AND Prince of Persia at the same time!