Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vorpal

Lost Toke levels

Was looking through an old HDD today and noticed a .zip from 2000 named "Toke's Vile Levels.zip" containing 3 single level deathmatch wads.

They don't appear to be on the interbutts anywhere, wasn't sure what to do with them (if anything). I know some people like a piece of nostalgia, but if they aren't around the web, maybe Toke was not happy with them and didn't release them. Only reason I have them is we used to DM eachother and talk about editing on the old DoomServ.

Just leave it alone? Upload to /idgames?

Vorpal said:

Just leave it alone? Upload to /idgames?

I'd upload. Anything Toke has to be better than a lot of the shit that's on /idgames already.

Considering Toke's spirit of openness about maps in development, I don't think uploading them would be a problem. I'd sure like to see them. In fact, I remember having some beta maps of his from a long time ago but haven't been able to find them on my backups yet.

You couldn't upload it to some site, so we could see the levels?

Yikes, didn't expect to see any familiar faces still around ;-P

That unfinished megawad idea sounds like a great idea. Maybe the three levels are already part of that.

I'll refrain from putting them on /idgames if they can be used in that project, but I put them on my isp webspace temporarily so you guys can check them out.

Here is the unaltered zip:
http://webpages.charter.net/bgspencer/toke/Toke's Vile Levels.zip