Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribo Zurai

Vanishing Weapons!

I got problems. I got the custom weapons working in my WAD, good. But when I get a custom weapon, and change a slot, it NEVER comes back. Example: when I get the Skullstaff, it was suposed to be in 4th slot, but the slot doesn't highlights, and when I change of weapons it disappears. How I fix this?

What port are you using? Dehacked, DECORATE or DDF files to define weapons? etc etc.

It may have no "Raise" frame preventing it from being selected (and using it when you collect it may somehow skip the lack of a raise frame?). Also there may be something wrong with it's ammo, maybe the game 'thinks' you have no ammo for it so it is non-selectable?

deathbringer said:

What port are you using? Dehacked, DECORATE or DDF files to define weapons? etc etc.

It may have no "Raise" frame preventing it from being selected (and using it when you collect it may somehow skip the lack of a raise frame?). Also there may be something wrong with it's ammo, maybe the game 'thinks' you have no ammo for it so it is non-selectable?

I'm using Decorate. I can use the weapons normally, I can even place then in the map using the Doom Builder. But if you change of weapon, I can't use that weapon again. It's working perfectly, just this problem is annoying me.

Creaphis said:

This is when you either post your wad or your DECORATE code.

This is the Minigun code:

ACTOR STMinigun : Weapon 20039
{
Weapon.AmmoType "Clip"
Weapon.AmmoGive 20
Weapon.AmmoUse 1
Inventory.PickupSound "misc/w_pkup"
Inventory.PickupMessage "Picked up a minigun!"
Obituary "%o was shredded by %k's minigun."
AttackSound "weapons/minigunfire"
States
{
Spawn:
MNGN A -1
Loop
Ready:
MNGG A 1 A_WeaponReady
Loop
Deselect:
MNGG A 1 A_Lower
Loop
Select:
MNGG A 1 A_Raise
Loop
Fire:
MNGG A 0 A_GunFlash
MNGG A 2 A_FireBullets(5, 1, 1, 5)
MNGG B 2 A_FireBullets(5, 1, 1, 5)
MNGG B 0 A_ReFire
MNGG B 2
MNGG A 5
MNGG B 8
MNGG A 11
MNGG B 14
MNGG A 17
goto Ready
Flash:
MNGF A 3 BRIGHT A_Light1
MNGF B 3 BRIGHT A_Light0
Stop
}
}
I can pick up this weapon, but it disappears right when I change of weapon. It happens with mostly all other custom weapons I inserted using XWE.

I don't know a whole lot about editing with zdoom, but I know when you download a weapon from realm667.com's armory, the same thing happens. I think you need a KEYCONF lump or something in your wad so you can assign what button selects your new weapon. Someone of the Zdoom wizards will be able to expand on what I'm saying.

JohnnyRancid said:

I don't know a whole lot about editing with zdoom, but I know when you download a weapon from realm667.com's armory, the same thing happens. I think you need a KEYCONF lump or something in your wad so you can assign what button selects your new weapon. Someone of the Zdoom wizards will be able to expand on what I'm saying.

Ohh, well, where can I find that lump?

You need to have KEYCONF lump and use the following code

setslot 1 [name of custom weapons]

Alternatively, you could use the Weapon.Slotnumber function.

I had the same problem
press the slot number twice, or however many times it takes.
Did no one else realize this?

Name:Ace said:

I had the same problem
press the slot number twice, or however many times it takes.
Did no one else realize this?

That won't work if the weapon isn't assigned to a slot in the first place.