Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Remilia Scarlet

Korg DS-10

Anyone here ever play around with the Korg DS-10 software? I got myself a copy back in April and played around with it a few days before setting my DS aside and forgetting about it. Yesterday I started fiddling with it again and I've got to admit, it's pretty fun. The synths are pretty minimal, but given that it emulates two Korg MS-20 synths, it doesn't surprise me much.

Having only two synths at my disposal is forcing me to use my creative muscles more. However, I haven't really tapped the drum synths very much yet, so there's a lot I think I can still do using those. Since I'm working on creating some more tracks using just the DS-10, I figured it would be appropriate that they also had their own page on my website.

So has anyone been able to fool around with this thing yet? What are your thoughts on it?

My only wish is that someone would (could?) create some Prophet 5 synth software for the DS now ;^)

WildWeasel said:

That's a damned good cover of it. Almost sounds like he has more than two DSes at times. You can do a heck of a lot more when you use multiple DSes, but sadly I only have one.

One thing I may try is recording individual patterns into my computer and then laying them out out multiple in Sonar. I can at least emulate having multiple DSes then, at least until I buy another.

There's some pretty impressive stuff done with that on YouTube. There are also an obscene number of Kraftwerk covers.