Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

sry if this is a stupid question. Am I allowed to use the Textures in the Community..

Chest 4 Texture wad for my maps? im making heaps of test maps all the time and I like alot of the textures inside the CC4 Texture wad.. would I be allowed to use these textures?

Read the readme for CC4. That is usually where you will find such information. At a guess, I would say that it is probably ok to use the textures, as long as when you release something, you give credit for the texture pack in your own map readme.

Don't quote me on that specifically for CC4, but that is usually how it works.

Kyka said:

Read the readme for CC4. That is usually where you will find such information. At a guess, I would say that it is probably ok to use the textures, as long as when you release something, you give credit for the texture pack in your own map readme.

Don't quote me on that specifically for CC4, but that is usually how it works.

Yeah im gonna include the textfile also whitch has the Authors/creators of the textures if I release what im making and i'll Credit the CC4 in the Readme file as well. Just gonna search the stickies in the CC4 board and see what they say.

All textures in the CC4 texture pack are taken from other pre-existing texture packs. Those textures may be freely used in Doom projects, as long as proper credit is given, but to give credit to the CC4 team and nobody else would be incorrect, as the CC4 team is not responsible for the creation of those textures. Look in the readme included with the CC4 texture pack to see the list of artists responsible for the original graphical work, and credit those people instead of, or in addition to, the CC4 team.

Creaphis said:

All textures in the CC4 texture pack are taken from other pre-existing texture packs. Those textures may be freely used in Doom projects, as long as proper credit is given, but to give credit to the CC4 team and nobody else would be incorrect, as the CC4 team is not responsible for the creation of those textures. Look in the readme included with the CC4 texture pack to see the list of artists responsible for the original graphical work, and credit those people instead of, or in addition to, the CC4 team.

Technically I did create some of the textures in CC4-tex, as did Nuxius. Possibly some other people as well; I can't remember specifically now. But it's not all borrowed from other packs. :P