Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catoptromancy

Sprites Status

Freedoom is now looking to fill the placeholders as a priority. Any sprite is up for replacement if a better one is made.

Needed Sprites Left:

Commander Keen has no frames.
Pain Elemental is currently a placeholder.
Archvile is currently a placeholder.
Hell Knight is currently a placeholder.

spider-demon submitted Aug 2010, wesleyjohnson
Custom made for FreeDoom to match the style currently used.

Big, Spider shape, 8 mech legs, 4 arms, machine gun, ammo box, armor, power-box, eyes on stalks.

johnson_spid_01.zip

Fair use in this millenium? I don't think it exists, man.

But seriously we can probably come up with something slightly more original.

andrewj said:

Did the dopefish get dumped dude?

Apparently the fish was in some Anime by Kellogg's cereal that no one really cared about.

Not sure if this is the proper place to mention this, but having tested the latest Freedoom, the punching sprites look silly on widescreens.

Csonicgo said:

Apparently the fish was in some Anime by Kellogg's cereal that no one really cared about.

Ahhh, heh.

Hmmm... I guess something based on the Chex Quest player sprite would be similarly unusable?

andrewj said:

Ahhh, heh.

Hmmm... I guess something based on the Chex Quest player sprite would be similarly unusable?

How about a Creative Commons logo, since you guys seem apprehensive to use anything else CC-licensed?

love the cyberdemon, its death was too cool.

It'd be cool to script some more enemies in, so that it will extede the normal limit of doom enemies and give more to mess around with and create with.

Plus make some enemies act different so that they dont seem like simple replacesments IE revenants firing missiles from their foreheads.

However this looks really really good.

It's neither possible to add new monsters to Freedoom nor is it Freedoom's goal to do anything like that. Changing the behaviour would be possible with an embedded dehacked file, but the point in Freedoom is to be compatible with Doom.

In the middle of creating a new Commander Keen, his name's 8-bit Dave (it's all I could come up with):

I also have created both sounds for it.

I think the Cyberdemon final frame is too high. It blocks too much viewing area. I think a good solution would be to lower the head on the top half to the bottom, maybe off to the side a little. Its just the head sticking out mostly on top and would look just as good if entire sprite was half as high.

I'd also like to see new pickup sprites for the plasma rifle, super shotgun, and rocket launcher because when you are holding them, they look very different.

I would like to see a new SSG and the pickup looks like something I would draw.
Also, the Hell Knight should stay like the baron and the archvile looks good.

WildWeasel said:

How about a Creative Commons logo, since you guys seem apprehensive to use anything else CC-licensed?

Seconded.