Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gokuma

Freedom under Attack

*head in sand*

or

*too easilly distracted by joke of a holiday and/or media vultures' coverage of Jackson ad nauseum*

I feel bad for making fun of Alex Jones all these years.

And why did you assholes make it mandatory for even Canadians to have a passport to cross your border? I live close to it and now I have to go out and hand over my retina and finger prints to just cross over to get a case of Yoo-hoo!

Fuck!

Nothing said in this video would scare me even if it wasn't just a sloppily-assembled attempt at fearmongering.

Are you just deliberately taking a contrary position?

Also, I consider Yoo-hoo! to be hazardous material.

Gokuma said:

Are you just deliberately taking a contrary position?

It may be small but he's working to write an incredibly long argument.

Gokuma said:

Also, I consider Yoo-hoo! to be hazardous material.

ROAR!!!

First there was the War on Drugs, that was followed by the War on Terror - what's next, the War on FreeDoom?

<re-reads thread title> meh - ignore me <goes back to sleep>

I actually read the same thing, heh, which sounded interesting.

Would be nice if more Americans really believed in freedom, like they always talk about. Oh well, security theatre will win until at least the next big societal upheaval. Everybody vote for the Pirate Party! :p

Neither do I (because I simply can't), but I have a very similar ID I needed to get because the damned government here are assholes about selling booze and won't accept CNIB cards. There are days I wanna go around shooting every fucking conservative for presuming they have any kind of right to tell me how to live.

I loved the last two minutes or so. The guy just came across as a ridiculous fear-mongering nut-job with strong overtones of salesman. Ah well, my drivers licence isn't part of this. I'll leave you guys in the land of the free to sort this one out.

Just remember, as the man said:
"I'm not here to make you a follower. I'm here to make you a leader."
Bwahahahaha!

Enjay said:

I'll leave you guys in the land of the free to sort this one out.

At least the US doesn't accept Sharia law. :p

I'm not even going to watch it. I'm far too impressionable.

THEY are taking away more of our freedoms? meh, what's new....

kristus said:

At least the US doesn't accept Sharia law. :p

Considering that basic legal concepts such as contracts, licenses, and trusts are said to originate in sharia law, technically pretty much every country in the world accepts sharia law to some extent :P.

Freedom isn't free, it's a hefty fuckin' fee...

If you don't throw in your buck o' five who will?

Oh shit, not your freedom! I honestly don't know what you jokers are on about - try living outside of your precious United States, I guarantee you'll appreciate the freedom you have there quite a lot more.

Well I'm trolling in the sense that it takes very little to upset the kinds of people that get their panties in a knot over these things. Really though, America truly is the land of the free. And if you disagree...well that's irrelevant, because like anyone else, I was adding my own opinion to the cesspit of internet politics =P

If your country is less free it's because it doesn't have enough people who get their panties in a knot about ev even the little things. Freedom is not one of those things where it's safe to let certain things slide.

So I finally watched it, and I'm impressed. He had me there for a bit.

They're getting better. He doesn't use phrases that would tip the watcher into realizing this is horseshit. So there are no "they might" or "they could" or "they would have the power to". However he forgot the other obvious indications: He states a fact, then his opinion but in such a way he hopes no one notices. He also states random facts and figures, also laced with opinion, and states them in such a way that completely unrelated items somehow become related. This technique is popular with a lot of conspiracy theorists because it's clever enough to convince young adults that have no idea what they're actually being told. This is a quick and effective method to recruit vulnerable people into their sick movement.

Let's just go through this video piece by piece and you'll see what I mean.

This ALERT is regarding the MORPHING of REAL ID in to the PASS ACT. The REAL ID as you may or may not know was the failed law that snuck through congress in May of 2005 that would require all Americans to Carry a standardized FEDERAL ID card with an embedded trackable chip.

Here we state facts with a manner that tries to appeal to everyone, including hardcore christians, privacy advocates, Libertarians, Conspiracy theorists, and Richard Stallman. Nice "snuck" you put there.

Special interests groups are trying to force Democrats, Independents and Republicans to support this legislation.....The federal government, in spite of the states, wants to set international standards... The federal government wants control... The federal government is bribing....

Which is it, asshole? Evil lobbyists, or the government themselves? If it was their idea in the first place, why would there be any lobbyists involved? And what the fuck is wrong with standards? you think the states should be able to make their own standards of Weights and measurements too?

There's a little snippit here, a clip of a guy talking about how all of this requires people to put our faces into a huge computer to track where we buy things or something. What a new twist on an old concept. Tracking purchases. Why would I ever need that information?

Our freedom and our rights are not for sale!

So it's the evil corporations now? Who are you even talking about now? Oh, just wait for it, he's saying this to slam a crazy statement later on.

Some governors want to take the bribe money.

What bribe money? What are you talking about? You're still not telling me what the hell you're ranting about. If any bribes are going on, it's illegal, and would be one of the biggest crimes ever committed in American history! Didn't Watergate show that you can't cover ass for very long?

The senate committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs will be considering the legislation very soon.

*cue evil music*
Very SOON. oooh. that could be in the next 5 minutes!

The PASS Act contains many of the most egregious aspects of the Real ID Act; including the requirement for a digital facial image/photograph that will be mandated to be internationally facial recognition compatible.

Digital facial image is a 50 dollar word for a picture. And this is bullshit. "Machine readable" does not mean facial recognition.

There is not a federal law that prohibits the simultaneous use of CCTV/surveillance cameras and facial recognition technology in real time.

I don't think even Stretch Armstrong could have made such a bigger stretch. Now we dive headfirst into Logical Fallacy Land, since anyone who has detected the bullshit has already stopped listening. No where in the act did it say that everyone's faces are being put into a huge database. It only stated that a crude digital representation be put into a readable format on the CARD. And in most states, that's a friggin' barcode. And if i'm not mistaken, most states already do this.

The PASS Act will do nothing to provide a higher level of National security. Under the provisions of the PASS Act the documents used to obtain a drivers license are not authenticated. These documents are called "breeder" documents.

Here's a really good one. He states his opinion, then a fact, then another fact that has been specifically designed to rile the listener. While "breeder document" is an informal term for a birth certificate or a driver's license, it's used here in two ways, one which is the normal meaning, and another, more subtle (even sinister) definition, which is that the term "breeder document" somehow implies that citizens are just the result of "breeding" and that the citizen is just a "breeder" or "sheep", and only an object, not a person. Zeitgeist liked to pull this quite often, so I'm not surprised it's being used here. Note how he pauses before he says it. It's really a clever technique.

Although requirements for new databases and the linking of databases are not part of the PASS Act the fact remains through aamva.net and NLETS states can still have information contained in their state Department of Motor Vehicles made available to both federal and international law enforcement agencies without a court order.

Argumentum ad ignorantiam! dude, it's been a while, how you doin'? None of this he's saying is in the bill.

Two international agencies (AAMVA and the ICAO, an agency of the United Nations) were involved in U.S. policy and law - the Real ID Act 2005 and the newly proposed PASS Act. DHS has called AAMVA the hub and backbone of the Real ID Act. On AAMVAs own web-site it proclaims it is an international organization that serves law enforcement and motor vehicle administrators.

The AAMVA is a non profit organization whose primary goal is to standardize the clusterfuck that are drivers licenses and vehicle registrations. the ICAO sets standards for airline safety, and investigates air accidents. Both organizations want a solid standard so that there is as little confusion as possible. But that doesn't matter, because... while he's reading this, he says this:

INTERNATIONAL AGENCIES!

It's tinfoil time! HERE IT COMES!

Both the Real ID Act and the PASS Act result in Americans being enrolled into a single global biometric identification system that links a persons body to their ability to buy and sell.

Here is the ultimate in bullshit. This is the hail mary pass - if they've held on this long, they will have no problem believing this. If he weren't talking bullshit, he'd back that up with facts. But he can't. It's not even in the bill. The only time anything is even monitored is when I'm traveling, or entering a nuclear reactor!

The First, Fourth and Tenth Amendments are under attack. The Second Amendment will follow.

No comment. it's just trying to scare the shit out of me now.

I am Gary Franchi, and remember I am not here to make you a follower I am here to make you a leader among the people. Goodnight, and God bless America.

HEH! nice disclaimer!

I decided to click his links and found bullshit like "drivers licenses for non-commercial use are not mandatory" and "It is insane to believe the federal government was concerned about national security while still leaving our borders unprotected". I really can't take any of this seriously anymore. Until these nuts back up what they're saying with more than fear of what they might do, they shouldn't be doing this. Because it's misleading.