Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
40oz

Convert Tabs to MIDI

I know there were a few of you guys in search of an "MP3 to midi" converter, this is the closest thing you'll get.

http://www.8notes.com/tab/

You literally look up "Guitar Tabs" to your favorite songs on a tabs resource page, copy the guitar tabs, paste it in the block, pick and instrument, and play it.

At first I thought "there's no way this works."

I gave it a whack.

Looked up an easy one, Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple. Pasted this tab:

|-------------------|-------------------|--------------------|----------------|
|--------------*----|----------------*--|--------------*-----|-------------*--|
:--------------X----|----------------X--|--------------X-----|-------------X--:
:-5---8---10------5-|---8---11--10------|--5---8---10-----8--|---5------------:
|-5---8---10------5-|---8---11--10------|--5---8---10-----8--|---5------------|
|-------------------|-------------------|--------------------|---3------------|
And here's the result!

It's not perfect but it's pretty damn close. All I gotta do is copy and paste that riff a couple times in a midi editor and throw in a drum beat. If any of you guys suck horribly at getting those guitar chords just right (like me), this could come in real handy for you. It can easily be used as a base to write music for doom based on riffs your heard in the music you listen to.

Shame a lot of the bands I listen to don't have their guitar tabs readily available. Hopefully you guys can find the tabs to the music you listen to.

I just use guitar pro. It's definitely a chore and a half to find any tabs on the bands I listen to, but sometimes they pop up... sometimes...

JohnnyRancid said:

I know there were a few of you guys in search of an "MP3 to midi" converter, this is the closest thing you'll get.

In what way are guitar tabs even REMOTELY close to MP3s?? :D

Well I'm assuming people wanted to convert music from their favorite bands into a midi format. If you can find the guitar tabs to the songs you listen to, you can convert it to midi.

Tabs are usually wrong because they were made by retarded 12 year olds that just got a guitar for Christmas.
Plus they don't have any of the details that real note sheets do. So any midi that you make with a Tab-Mid program are bound to be suck.