Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clusterone

Doom editor for mac.

What's some good doom editor's for the mac?
I lost my PC so no more doombuilder for me :(
Also could you please include the link to the download? thank you :D The links on this site aren't working for me.
Thank you :)
Orion

The only Mac Doom editors are extremely outdated (11+ years), are pretty much all buggy or otherwise incomplete, and don't work at all on newer Mac OSes. I'm a Mac user and I just run Doom Builder and other editors in Windows XP using Boot Camp. You might also be able to run them through Parallels or another virtualization software, but I have no real knowledge of that so your mileage may vary.

Oh ok, ya i have boot camp but i don't have Windows XP so that's an issue lol
Oh well XP I wanted to get somethign today cuz i won't have internet till august 15 and was going to make maps then cuz i will be in the country and needed somethign to do when it gets to hot to skate or w/e haha
thanks anyways :D

If someone ported Doom Builder to the Mac on one of the modern OSes, it would help the minority that are on it use an application with their native OS rather than use Boot Camp.

I would port it except i wouldn't even know where to start,
i know it requires programming, but i don't know any programming language.

It might be possible to compile SLADE for Mac because it uses C++ and WxWidgets, but I don't have a Mac so I can't make a build. I got it working on Linux when I used to use it, so I don't see why not.