Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

The first part of my new Doom wad Let's Play, as I cover (by request of the mapper himself) Scypek's first ever megawad; 100th Wave! I'm expecting something interesting from the mapper of Tan Temple in the Monochrome Mapping Project....

Well, good to see this Suitepee! I've commented your video on Youtube... oh wait, you know already:P

The 100th wave went largely unnoticed, so I guess I might repost a thread linkif somebody would like to be, hmm... the FIFTH player of my little mapset.

My first actual attempt at a Doom 2 speedrun.
Done on UV and most of the deaths were edited out, except the ones I forgot about. Done in roughly less than 15 minutes if you ignore those deaths that I forgot to take out.
Note that I also used the jumping to my advantage to ignore a few things and get places faster/easier. Please don't hurt me.

You should at least edit the video so that viewers could see something else than the hud and crosshair :D

EDIT: Whoops nevermind, I misread the entire subforum title.

Looper said:

You should at least edit the video so that viewers could see something else than the hud and crosshair :D

All I could edit was make it slightly brighter and negative contrast so it looks like it has a white filter on top. It makes it worse IMO but whatever floats your boat.

I wonder if they had the technology at the time, the first imp that's hiding by the crate in E2M2 would have be IN the crate and jump out at you.

Anyway. E2M2 remix. Mostly faithful, just an ambient introduction and a loud bit towards the end when the drums change. It might be a bit sudden, so keep an eye on your volume. The high whistle was a pain in the ass to work out, given that I can't pitch bend. The entire track needed portamento applying to it. Fortunately, it was only used for the whistles anyway. Not bad considering my headphones are half-dead.

Oh I totally didn't use the wrong snare drum at 2:53.

EDIT: This has now been added to my music blog.[/shamelessselfpromotion]

Crossposting from blogs.
I don't really know if this qualifies as a Doom video, but its music relating to Doom.
Yeah probably not but what the hell.
In an alternative reality, the barons killed Doomguy in E1M8. This track, originally intended to be a re-imagining of PSX Doom's counterpart to Sign of Evil, is supposed to be the track that would play in that scenario.

For best results, listen in a really dark room.

This is a super-SUPER-early version of a game I'm making with the Doom engine. There are still some Doom things in there (such as the font, whoops) but eventually it'll be totally original content. Only three types of enemy in the game as yet (one not shown) but there will be more.

Think of this as like a first-person Robotron 2084.

@Jayextee
Amazing. This is the most original Doom project I've ever seen. I loved the screenshots but seeing it move is an entirely new experience.

That looks really cool JXT. I look forward to seeing where you might take such a concept!

@Jayextee

Do you have visible weapons yet?

I wanna see some weapons that are just wireframes and each weapon has a different hue to really distinguish them. I wouldn't mind at all if the weapons behaved mostly the same as Doom's.

Weapons? ;)

In seriousness, I'm considering whether or not to have more than one. My initial on-paper design specs called for three different ones; the rapid shot seen in the video, a faster-moving and very powerful shot that fires at a slower rate, and a 3-way spread that comes between the two in terms of both power, fire rate and speed.

Idea was, I'd finish the game content with just the one weapon so I know it's balanced, and then tweak the other weapons accordingly so the game is beatable (regardless of how difficult) with each one exclusively.

However, I'm becoming more and more attached to the idea of there only being one firing mode; this being in-keeping with my original plan of "first-person Robotron 2084" - in which there's only the one firing mode.

God help me when I get around to trying to put scoring in there; possibly an oldschool lives system. Needs to be done.

from a one-hour wad building compo at battleofthebits.org
running in doom2.exe in pixel blargle blargle mode

I know, the invulnrosphere makes it too easy, but some of the players there are even more n00bish than me :3~