Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

I'm starting a let's play series on the original DOOM.

Here's the first episode (I know, it sucks):

1 hour ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Let's Play of Castlevania Simon's Destiny, it is definitely as hard as its namesake!

Taking a look at your video, you basically skipped every wall meat including the ones placed right before the boss doors, that's why you had such a hard time going through the levels. Wall meat can be found in the cracked grey blocks scattered around. 0XE0Y38.png

Doing item placement for a level and ended up with a weird floating mancubus corpse. This went on for some time, enough for me to fire up a screen recorder and get the end of it:

This happened in PRboomplus 2.5.1.4, and the level is not even using boom specials (it's complevel 2).

Recorded this for a friend who wanted to see the Stargate stuff I have so far.

14 minutes ago, Isthisawalrus said:

I'm just asking - what do you think of my videos? I would appreciate some feedback.

Is that video on your Youtube homepage supposed to my funny/goofy with the "bad" camera work? If so I rather liked it. If your willing to accept feedback and/or criticism , I would suggest that you try to speak a bit with more purpose. Try to enunciate your words. Maybe you are still a bit shy in front of a camera. That's how I was when singing in front of others for a while.

You should do mods and wads.

I decided to play Knee-Deep in the Dead with the mods Runnin_D and STARTANITY. Launching them together sure changed the experience.

2 minutes ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Between the music and the full bright, it completely sucks out any atmosphere it previously had. :D

No kidding, the music is already unfitting for most of the Doom levels, now remove any attention to detail and Knee-Deep in the Dead ends up being less fun and rather soulless. E1M5 suffers this the most if you ask me, the flashing lights are gone after all!

I recorded this at least five times before this version, and I died in every one of them.