Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Fake door ambushes are cute the first time they occur. The fifth time, not so much.

Also, Youtube's fixation with teleport fog is getting creepy at this point.

8 hours ago, scalliano said:

Fake door ambushes are cute the first time they occur. The fifth time, not so much.

Also, Youtube's fixation with teleport fog is getting creepy at this point.

For the thumbnail defaults? Has happened to me with Hexen before. 

Two solid Doom mods, one called USCM that's very short but shows a lot of promise and another that gives you a demon familiar to play with.

Serenity - E3M7: Big Time (Holger/Nathrath)

Cool music! Again, not fitting in Doom. The secrets were a bit stupid (the secret I missed was the teleporting pad with the blue key). I didn't like how most keys and important stuff was hidden away in secrets - that wasn't good. The texturing was pretty painful at places, and there were huge glaring open spaces that didn't make sense. A fun level to play around, but probably the weakest in the whole of Serenity. I'm guessing it's the first level chronologically.

Here is the 34th video where I play four crappy Doom WADs:

And here's a video where I play four average Doom WADs:

Serenity E3M8: Church of the Poisoned Minds (Nathrath/Hermans)

What a map this is. Without finding the secrets it's a pain in the arse to beat it. It's pretty challenging but the hard way can really be cheesed by that invulnerability. Fitting climax for sure!

As a whole, my favourite map from the set is probably E3M4 due to good music and not so confusing approach; close second is E3M5 (disregarding pistol start). My least favourite map would be E3M7 but I can't say I hate it. This set was really solid and I liked it. 

my videos are in spanish xD

i cant public them here but that mini doom 2 is great :v

Mock 2, a pretty funny level set making fun of rookie mistakes seen in more mediocre to terrible Doom maps.

Finished Cyberdreams.

Edited by MetroidJunkie

A wad I am working on with almost an overwhelming preponderance of 3D floors & some effects you have likely never seen in this wad;

Edited by Byeblothingal 1024 : add another video

A pretty compelling horror based mod, kind of makes me think of Doom 3 but with more Classic Doom mechanics similarly to Doom 64.

The crazy Abort_M mod

Edited by MetroidJunkie

Re-uploaded the Atonement soundtrack with the MIDI and OPL versions in the same video; plus, there were a couple of song changes and a new addition:

SCP 087-B in Doom form.

UAC Ultra, I'm digging the rusted aesthetic and it's challenging enough to be engaging, at least for me.

Edited by MetroidJunkie

Classic Episode, as the name suggests it's based on the original Doom maps. Shotgunners will never not be annoying as Hell.

Hell-Craft, a good Tower Defense / RTS mod.

Edited by MetroidJunkie

More Mini Doom 2, it’s longer than I thought.

Imprompto Minidido sounds like a magic incantation. Maybe it's what the Archviles are chanting as they burn my flesh off.

Edited by MetroidJunkie

@Shadow Hog That was very interesting. I enjoyed the interaction of the different parts, but I think it could get old if played for much longer.

Playing around with palettes and textures. This palette is from my old Mutiny gameplay mod (not to be confused with the much younger Mutiny megawad), and the sky texture is a recreation of one that I created from the original Epic 2 cluster 1 sky years ago. Shooting demons under a beautiful blue sky, no GL required.

I shouldn't have cut the recording, though, because when I finished that fight I got caught between two stinger archviles and this happened:

GxGctTn.png

There's something magical about winning a fight on your first try with 1% health left. And I never did figure out how to get that megasphere.

Edited by Woolie Wool

10 hours ago, Rubilacxe said:

I made a video where I test out a mod from 2013-2014 called The Space Pirate:

What a great looking mod, I will have to give it a play. Nice narration too by the way @Rubilacxe