Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Scoring the 'impossible' Secret on Industrial Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FazNNJ2mco0

This is just a quick little demo of the method used by Zero Master to trigger scoring for the teleporter-booth secret on Doom II map 15, Industrial Zone. See the video description for more info.

For anyone interested in messing around with the method yourself, the save-game file used at the beginning of the video is available from here.
The save was created with original old-school Doom II v1.9, so it should work with that version, Chocolate Doom, or any sourceport capable of using Vanilla saves.

Edited by Ledmeister

Now that I managed to get my hands on a working pair of headphones, here is my first attempt at recording a stream while using a microphone. Complex Doom meets Back To Saturn X.

Plan is to do the whole megawad, but this is just a test run to iron out any creases.

I decided to play Maps of Chaos (Overkill) instead of BTSXE1, and added a couple of other mods on top of Complex Doom.

Re-watching this, it turns out that I swear a bit.

I've discovered the Export function on Twitch, which means that I can keep my videos for longer than 14 days. I talk a lot less in the latter video, when I was recording that one I ended up mostly concentrating on the game. I can't actually remember if I've got this far before in this WAD. One of the reasons I decided to start streaming was to give myself encouragement to actually finish WADs. Seems to be working!

Also, YouTube Studio tells me that Stream #03 has a copyright claim on it, but it seems like I can't find out who made the claim. The content of that video is very similar to that of Stream #02, which doesn't have a copyright claim on it. Anyone know what might be going on?

This isn't my video, but I have watched it enough times to almost consider it mine.  :D  Funny shit!

Guess my luck isn't too great recently, on the bright side I am kind of done with this map with a finished run. Also I hope I am not seeing things but did those Imps just went through the walls?

I think my computer is hitting its limit as to how much more of Doom 2016 it can handle.

Edited by MetroidJunkie