Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Okay so I'm making a playlist of Ancient Aliens on UV, pistol starts, 100% everything meaning dumb items hunting included. There'll be a new video every day, the thirty two demos are already done so it's a matter of uploading them day by day. Casual gameplay, no speedrun in spite of what it might look like here and there, no external mods, just ufos and crayons. 

Hey everyone, with Doom Eternal coming out, I decided to finally play the original all the way through. I've played the shareware version a few years ago, but I've never experienced the full game (never played ultra violence either). The first part has mouse-look on, not sure if that'll put the true doom community off, but I'll turn it off for part 2. I'm really excited to see episode 2 and 3, which I've never seen before. Tell me what you think, I look forward to joining the Doom community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj8-tyLmrZo&t=714s 

Hey everyone, here's part 2 of me playing 1993 Doom for the first time

Enjoy!

Edited by pawpaw

Cross-platform NS deathmatch mapset titled Don't Be a Bitch Remake played on Zandronum through Delta Touch against 3 opponents on PC at the end of a long session held I believe 7/28/19 that had many players show up for some good frags. This video is of the last match of the night of me against Decay, Razgriz, and Darebear. 

This video does bear some important contextual information: first off Decay and Razgriz are longtime dm'ers and were certainly playing on PC; Darebear I'm unfamiliar with but I'm certain they were playing on PC as well, as they were not active in any mobile dooming channels at the time to my knowledge. That small detail out of the way, on to the more important caveat: this was at the end of a long, casual session so it's 100% unlikely that decay and raz were playing at full force (in fact you can see decay steal the victory at the end with 4+ quick kills of darebear when he finally decided to go for the win) while I hadn't been playing the whole time (was fresh; not tired) and tend to want to put on a good game against opponents I respect; especially-so when I know I'm handicapped (on touchscreen) and when it's the last match of the night. (gotta make it a good one!) So you have to look at this as me (handicapped yes, but more importantly) tryhard'ing against superior opponents who were casually ambling about, and to that degree this video is less impressive, also a lot of my frags were from Darebear eating rockets as well so there's that too. That all said I'm not going to take the stance that touchscreen could hold up in a more serious environment, such as a duel tournament where people are playing at 100% and you cannot use more meta elements of crowd control, but nonetheless I think this video also proves that the control scheme isn't as gimped as some may think and actually can work out really well for dm's and even duels to some degree. To that point I highly suggest all Doom fans look into getting Delta Touch because the touchscreen controls are actually quite fun to use (especially in deathmatch/duel) once you get used to them.

One thing I need to eventually learn to use effectively (and in general) is the accelerometer; I still don't use it, but I'll get there one day!

A weird observation is that I feel like I perform better with the touchscreen controls in duels/dm's than in sp. Maybe the different treatment of death is a factor, or possibly it may all come down to the differences between players (who can be "faked out" or can miss aiming against different player movements) and simple monster AI, or player health vs monster health, or something else. Maybe I'm just comparing them in a poor way, (as obviously rocketing a group of players will work out more times than it doesn't, regardless of control scheme used, but I'm referring more-so to overall matches, of which ssg use dominates) idk, but it's an interesting thing to note. 

Here's a video where I play a crappy Doom WAD named DoomVaul.wad, which is a long overdue WAD for me:

And here's a video where I play a second version of a good Doom WAD I did in the past: