Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

On 7/12/2009 at 6:01 AM, DuckReconMajor said:

The topic title is self-explaining. Post Doom videos that you take while playing.

I just learned how to take DOSBox video, so I uploaded me failing at ORIGWAD. If you see any inaccuracies in the description please let me know.

Why is E1 different in your video?

I think you're making the same mistake that's made that video as popular as it is. It's the first custom Doom level, packaged in a Doom WAD, making it the original Doom WAD (not counting IWADs). I could have worded it better but I don't want to go editing something from 2009.

Coincidentally today I found this article that uses my video to represent Doom. I am flattered and at the same time hope people know that's not what Doom 1 is lol.

edit: and to re-clarify the above, the WAD was made by Jeff Bird in 1994 with a hex editor. The first known patch WAD. I made a video of trying to beat it in 2009 which got 30K views because of how I worded it I assume.

Edited by DuckReconMajor

Here's a video where I play average Doom WADs from @Awesome64:

And here's a video where I play a good Doom WAD called DemonicOutbreak.wad, along with a bonus crappy Doom WAD:

Edited by NiTROACTiVE

@seed Would you say that this mod is more in line with what you wanted Doom 3 to be like (in terms of general gameplay, not necessary in terms of level design)?

I watched a bit of the video, and I certainly am liking the gameplay changes (especially the shotgun).

25 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

@seed Would you say that this mod is more in line with what you wanted Doom 3 to be like (in terms of general gameplay, not necessary in terms of level design)?

I watched a bit of the video, and I certainly am liking the gameplay changes (especially the shotgun).

Gameplay-wise yes, absolutely. My only real gripe with D3 was that it's way too slow, too predictable, and the shotgun sucked - Chainsaw kinda sucks too tbh, even compared to classic Doom - it's odd when it comes to connecting with enemies. This is a step in the right direction imo, but in terms of level design D3 was alright, if perhaps too linear for its own good at times. It just needed punchier weapons, sounds, and more randomness - oh yes, you will notice quite the randomness in this mod sometimes, so D3 had plenty of potential there but it was never fulfilled.

Coming back to level design, not necessarily, and you will see later on why. The AI is acts a bit strange, depending on how the enemies are used. D3's enemies don't seem to be as versatile as classic Doom's, ironically, despite their advanced abilities.

I'll be waiting for you to watch the full vid :p. I think the next mod I'll cover when I'll be able to will be Desolated.

Edited by seed

IT's DONE!!!!! All of the main campaign levels done. 100% Each level. Each *possible* kill. Granted there are a grand total of 2 levels with kills missing, but those are lost souls out of bounds or an imp that fell off the map. Enjoy! Click on the youtube logo for the full playlist.

This is my first speedrun video. Also below a screenshot because I want to brag about my perfectly pixelated graphics that can't be seen in a video.

gzdoom 2020-05-24 21-15-55.png

I recently ran through the 32X version of DOOM on its "Nightmare" setting. Seems like UV-Fast without the respawning monsters. I plan on tackling the Jaguar version like this probably this week or next. Will post when that's ready to go.

I wanted to do this over an afternoon in a moment of spontaneity but it ended up taking me several days cos my footage kept causing Premiere to crash lol here's a quick montage of some of my playthrough revisiting Doom II for the first time in like over a decade using Brutal Doom.

How I do it,

- Create shortcut of zdoom.exe (or gzdoom.... lzdoom etc)

- Right click the shortcut .exe, properties, 

- Go to Target and at the end after .exe"  Put this:  -warp 15 -skill 4 -record DemoNameHere.lmp  (This will warp to map 15 but you can choose.  With skill level 4 you can choose which one on this too)

- To play it: Erase the text on the shortcut after the .exe" on the target and put this: -playdemo DemoNameHere.lmp

Here's a video where I play two creepy Doom WADs based on the Backrooms Creepypasta:

And here's a video where I play two funny Doom WADs. One that has to do with hand guns, while the other has explosive sandwiches: