Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

6 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Just happened to see you above. Thanks for the demo as I didn't figure out the second jump.

Map32? I'm glad it helped someone. :)  Watching your video atm.

A side note, reloading a save on map32 should crash prboom+ (at least 2.5.1.4), its intentionally designed to do so. 

1 minute ago, Lucky_Edie said:

A side note, reloading a save on map32 should crash prboom+ (at least 2.5.1.4), its intentionally designed to do so. 

Oh, I thought my PrBoom+ was broken or something... (as it also breaks 2.5.1.7) At least I used Eternity Engine to get around this, or I'll never finish the map. The video itself is not fun... so probably just skip around. Like I took like 30 minutes to look for the correct switch.

4 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Oh, I thought my PrBoom+ was broken or something... 

I thought the same thing, Ribbiks assured me it was intentional and it should also crash doombuilder hench the map name. It also crashed every 2nd demo attempt with the same error, was incredibly obnoxious to record a demo for it. 

Working out the lineup for the 2nd jump was painful as its pixel perfect and requires good timing on the rocket, you did really well to get it so quickly so good stuff there mate. 

As for the ending, next time he'll be telefragging voodoo dolls so you won't be able to spam as many switches before dying. Haha

13 minutes ago, Lucky_Edie said:

I thought the same thing, Ribbiks assured me it was intentional and it should also crash doombuilder hench the map name. It also crashed every 2nd demo attempt with the same error, was incredibly obnoxious to record a demo for it. 

Working out the lineup for the 2nd jump was painful as its pixel perfect and requires good timing on the rocket, you did really well to get it so quickly so good stuff there mate. 

As for the ending, next time he'll be telefragging voodoo dolls so you won't be able to spam as many switches before dying. Haha

Oh, glad that I didn't actually look at GZDoombuilder and got trolled as I almost did that. I kind of figured that out, but well, if I realize GZDB will crash, I'll probably watch your demo anyway. The thing to me is that I kind of want a more obvious instruction that I'm here to try, not here to look. That would be better.

I kind of want to know did he think of anything when he chose 18th row for the switch or something just to make sure that people trying from the front, from the back or from the middle will take that much time or whatever.

BTW, tell him to make a map which will crash Eternity Engine and name it "Hello, you on the Eternity Engine" :P

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

Oh, glad that I didn't actually look at GZDoombuilder and got trolled as I almost did that. I kind of figured that out already. I kind of want to know did he think of anything when he chose 18th row for the switch or something just to make sure that people trying from the front, from the back or from the middle will take that much time or whatever.

BTW, tell him to make a map which will crash Eternity Engine and name it "Hello, you on the Eternity Engine" :P

No idea how he picked it. If I get a chance to I'll pass your suggestion along. Congratulations on beating it. 

8 minutes ago, Lucky_Edie said:

Congratulations on beating it. 

Oh, I changed my previous post a little bit.

Well, I cheated in many ways, including watching your demo, so I didn't feel like I beat it. However honestly though, I probably won't even touch these maps if I'm not doing that 32 y/o Doomer plays 32 Map32s kind of dumb thing. I'm fine with the map design itself, but making it crash is a little bit too far IMO.

4 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Oh, I changed my previous post a little bit.

Well, I cheated in many ways, including watching your demo, so I didn't feel like I beat it. However honestly though, I probably won't even touch these maps if I'm not doing that 32 y/o Doomer plays 32 Map32s kind of dumb thing. I'm fine with the map design itself, but making it crash is a little bit too far IMO.

Recommending frog_and_toad map32 is clearly a prank by starduster, the entire mapset is nightmare fuel for people that aren't masochists. Still you reached the end and executed the jumps really well, even if you needed a little help working out what you had to do. There's probably less than a handful of people who can claim the same. 

It intentionally crashing is certainly something that's a bit too far but these are maps that aren't uploaded to idgames, just silly things ribbiks does for himself and uploads to his own website. It might even make someone fix the issues that cause the crash.