Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Zone 400 MAP20 UV-Fast

Atmospheric Extinction MAP07 UV-Fast

Here's a video where I play a dumb Doom WAD called gates.wad, along with a dumb bonus Doom WAD:

And here's a video where I play the dumb Doom WAD named SpookyScarySkeletons.wad by @cotton0309:

Ok, fine. UV Play of Welcback.wad, got about 60% through and then died because I'm dumb and impatient.

The original Doom the Way ID Did is finished! Now the fourth episode is on the line - ULTIMATE DOOM THE WAY ID DID!

Spoiler

This level was a satisying puzzle to unravel. Practically any combination of keys will allow access to the cages of the damned and to the Cyberdemon finale directly afterward, and there's a lot of leeway to experiment with the route. I found it delightful to discover so many hidden paths which wind around, above, or through the map, and after the struggle of getting out of the center of town (underequipped and surrounded by enemy territory), it was gratifying to be able to fight smarter, not harder, gaining more and more momentum as my resource situation improved and I was able to take control of the space.

I'm glad that this style of wide-open sandbox design also applies to the multi-lock setup in the Cyberdemon arena. That final boss fight is really dangerous and chaotic, but you are mercifully allowed to soften the encounter a little if you do the work to collect the right keys & weapons first. Shocker In Gloomtown's pistol start setup was exactly what I like to see in the game: starting off stuck in a tight spot which you'll have to fight your way out of, then stabilizing and being presented with a web of possibilities to untangle and optimize.