Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Spoiler

While it looks sleek and shiny rather than gloomy and dismal, this level still really reminds me of The Chasm. Both levels present a ton of options for where to go and give you free reign over the space in order to experiment and figure out what the most optimal path might be. There are wrong turns and horrible deaths along with treasure hoards and good sniper spots among the possibilities you might find, and the thrills & spills made the initial learning period very entertaining.

If you've played many Skillsaw maps, you may be familiar with this structure: "Here's a big sandbox to explore: go find all three objectives and bring all three keys back to home base." The key arenas can be pretty scary (particularly the strobe-lit yellow key zone, which traps you in a tight space with a crowd of Revenants), but the more you explore, the more resources you'll discover and the better-equipped you'll be to handle their challenges.

I may not be the biggest fan of this aesthetic of polished steel and gleaming neon, but I really dig the use of 3D space as you hop from structure to structure or wade through the winding paths of the nukage ocean below. A lot of effort has gone into making sure that all the different jumps & sightlines connect smoothly.

The final comparison I'll make with The Chasm is one regarding the final challenge waiting for you at the level's end: a purely movement-based exercise which is relatively simple, but high-pressure enough that you just might choke right at the finish line. Getting through to the end is always a thrill, a release of tension after a steady buildup over a long journey.

Hello all.

This was my fourth submission for the DWIronman League monthly challenge, it being the dreaded map by Death-Destiny... Disturbia. I've somehow managed to forget to upload my runs for May in 2017. Not only here, but also on DW. Don't ask me how, I genuinely have no idea. The worst part is... they were good. Embarrassing MAP07 death to the final two enemies of the entire challenge on Vae Victus 2, and a MAP05 death to a caged hellknight on VV1. Would've been a solid mid-table placement... oh well. Kind-of remedied it with this result. Even if I wanted to upload them for preservation's sake, I think I deleted them in the meantime, sadly.

When in my post I said "I knew I'd die there because played the map before," what I really meant was I practiced the map and ran it around five times before declaring an official run. I just wasn't keen on admitting it plain. I hadn't played it before June because that is the absolute contrary to the Doom maps I enjoy. This is difficult and precise, while I enjoy open and comfortable maps like VV2 and Mapgame were. Anyway, the run itself is poor. I realized I suck at this map so my optimal strategy was to kill as many imps as possible. The run is incredibly boring because of that, and not only that, but it was shameful. Even Alfonzo wrote "The mark of shame." in my obit. To make matters worse, I was killed by a damn zombieman. Yeah. Beat that! 

NUTS.wad in 00:36.20 for the Karl Jobst Doom challenge. 1080p60, and every info is in the description in an OCD manner, as usual. : D

I made a playthrough of the old school Hostage Rescue 3 mod. Surprisingly, no one had uploaded a video about it, which is a shame because the mod makes use of plenty of neat vanilla and DeHackEd tricks like hostages with the BrainDeath codepointer, jump enhancing drugs, and tear gas that glitches out the game.

Edited by Domestic-Weirdo : Grammar

The week-long break due to a trip to another city for work is over, so we can continue our walkthrough.

Of the 1994 Tune-up Community Project megawad...

Map15: Cratebase is one of my two the most favourite maps in the whole megawad! Thanks a lot to honorable @traversd for it!

This one is for another uncalled for feature in the DOS source port I am tinkering with: mechanics loaded from an extravagant 2022 mod comes to the rescue when doomguy encounters an obstacle in the vanilla MAP02. Recorded from DOSBox with a screen grabber, so apologies for lack of sound - was actually playing Doom Sound Bulb sfx :) 

Hey guys

I got the treat of playing a new map by @HAK3180 - a lot of you should remember his prolific play testing spree & valuable contributions to the community! He is taking on the monumental task of crafting a seriously well constructed megawad with lots of care! Do consider giving these maps a whirl - challenging well crafted maps with interesting set pieces and unique scenarios - you'll love it! 

Link in video description