Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Kyka posted:

Hey Guys. Guess what?

According to Zero Punctuation, we are all eye twitchy toothbrush chewers here in the doom modding community!!! Hooray!!

I don't even know what that means, exactly.

Spoilers: We get called something even more courteous and uplifting later in the video!

Zero Punctuation's pretty good review of ProDeus, stat!

I think at this point Yahtzee just uses Mad Libs to write his reviews, his gimmick was getting old 10 years ago.

@HotCoffee this looked interesting so I checked it out - couldn't find a thread or whatever - I like the party stuff good times

The 10x10 Project map 08 (Cocoa Puffs Breath) UV Max in 10:30.43

Some moderate slaughter, getting accustomed to the genre. Every possible info is in the description, as usual.

Edited by Fluuschoen

On 10/31/2022 at 3:36 PM, RoastDoom said:

(map 10 of Steven Clark's megawad, didn't catch the name.)

Good playthrough and good commentary. :)

On 11/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, Psychagogue said:

Managed to beat The Inmost Dens without taking any damage. Thought it would be close to impossible due to all the hitscanners, but I did it. Definitely wasn't easy though. 

Well done. Difficult to do! Good stuff. Also included: the least Doomy music in the history of musical endeavours. Good music, just not very Doomy imho. :)

Spoiler

I rarely revisit the E1 maps, with the exception of Joshy's excellent tribute levels. Those two each succeed at being a short & sweet blast of Plutonic fun, starting from a familiar template and then amplifying & tweaking things to end up as an interesting evolution of the formula.

Caughtisle's name is a little awkward compared to the original pun, but its gameplay absolutely captures that elegance and simplicity: At first you're focused inward, battling the monsters in the center of the arena, and then in the next phase you're focused outward, as the second wave of monsters fire into that arena from outside. Just like with Stonewall, this map mimics the structure of its inspiration while putting its own unique stamp on the proceedings, and I quite enjoy the blending of new and old.

Two things about the execution I particularly appreciate here are 1: how the player is allowed to take a breath and get their bearings before they begin the map, and 2: how whenever this battle advances to the next stage, the new wave of monsters will all appear in a single instant, rather than slowly & randomly trickle through in their own time (which even Plutonia itself was guilty of with its slow teleporters in MAP21).

If you guys want to see the process and wacky times trying to sift through the Random Id Games feature for something to play - having to go through over and over til you find something  - this is the vid 4 u